1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dual montior set up

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by thelaw, 16 Aug 2011.

1. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Afternoon,

This is the first time i have tried to work with two monitors so i am a noob in this regard.

My benq 21.5" arrived last night which i have now set up as my main display at 1920x1080.

Decided that i would use my Acer AL1715B 17" 1280x1024 as a side display mostly for monitoring temps etc when gaming which works fine the game loads onto my benq leaving windows on the acer.

The question is there any way to set up each display under there own desktop profile, the benq has has the wallpaper filled nicely and its moved the icons to the right onto the acer, which suits me however the issue is that the acer also has a copy of the wallpaper but expanded/exploded view and does not fit very well.

Obviously however i adjust the wall paper on the benq just replicates over onto the acer meaning if i want it to fill or fit the screen on the benq it explodes it on the acer, in a ideal situation i would like to tell/have windows adjust the wallpaper on the acer to a smaller size than on the benq but that might be asking too much?

Can i have a separate desktop background or even a different photo all together on the acer from the one on benq, Windows 7 is meant to be all user friendly, singing/dancing and all that so i am unsure why or to how to set up a separate profile for the acer, assuming it can be done?

Last edited: 16 Aug 2011
  2. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

thelaw likes this.
  3. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

ahh + rep

4. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

+1 for DisplayFusion, fantastic app. I'm a registered user loved it so much and wanted to extra features, totally worth it.

5. GaryP

GaryP RIP Tel

+1 for Display Fusion too. Registered version very controllable but the free version will do what you want.

6. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

:D Thanks !