1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dualmaster

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by coolmiester, 28 Jun 2005.

1. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Well here i am again with a new Wavemaster case and a whole bunch of hardware to try and squeeze in it so without further ado let the :dremel: commence :D

Actually it's been a long time in the planning stages but i had planned on using a larger Coolermater ATC S4000 SX but figured that would be way to easy :blah:

I'm starting to think i might of bitten off more than i can chew trying to shoe-horn everything into a Wavemaster though, especially once i saw the size of the motherboard but it should be good fun trying and i like a bit of a challenge :D

The plan is to fit dual dual core Opterons and dual Sli cards hence the name Dualmaster and just to make things even more difficult the Sli slots are only 41mm apart and i'm planning on using 2x NV-68's to cool them :eyebrow: but more of that at a later stage.............i've got to try and make everything fit first.

BTW, i must give a big thanks to Vadim Computers for having the 265 Dual Core Opterons flown in direct from europe which literally only took a couple of days and also supplying the Tyan K8WE motherboard................top quality service that i would recommend to anyone :thumb:

I've only just started so not a lot done but on with some pictures anyway!

Starting off with a standard blue Wavemaster
    [​IMG]

...and a matching blue BIX (it won't be mounted in the top this time)
    [​IMG]

So first of all stripped it naked :eeek:
    [​IMG]

and covered the top with masking tape to protect the paintwork
    [​IMG]

The plan is to cut along the red lines which will take out all the hard drive and floppy cage
    [​IMG]

I'm not a big fan of dremels but managed to get quite a clean cut with it but the last bit i had to use a hacksaw blade
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway thats the first side cut out
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So time to see if things are going to fit..........first the rad.......yip that fits
    [​IMG]

and then the Tyan K8WE motherboard.........BIG innit :D
    [​IMG]

That's all for tonight...........i'm off for a cold beer :naughty:

2. Wesker

Wesker New Member

Looking great, Im eager to see how you'll pull this one off!

3. Franklin

Franklin New Member

The wavemaster addict is back, I will be watching this.

4. Chobbler

Chobbler Running with a Spoon

subscribed :D

5. Hasle

Hasle nohasslemods›

That's one big motherjebus of a motherboard. Fits like a glove it seems. ^_^

Good luck with the project. Big fan of your always clean solutions.

6. Leeum

Leeum New Member

Oh hell yeah! :rock: Great choice of colour, will be watching as always :hip:

7. Pitbull

Pitbull New Member

Damn F*cking dual processor... Give it focking to me that motherboard:|

Pwnage dude

8. kaotic504

kaotic504 New Member

wait, you're going to have 2 dual core processors??? that's freakin' 4 processors in 1 computer. dude, whatever you're doing w/ that machine, i'd love to know. how much ram you going w/? over 4gb's? i'm so jealous. i just want 1 wavemaster w/ 1 A64 939 setup.

9. LightStar

LightStar New Member

Woei again a project from Coolmeister i gonna follow this topic :p

good luck !

10. ahh no, not another wavemaster! j/k, i love those cases too, hope this turns out as great as your other projects, i particularly liked the SLI and Shiny Wavemaster, that was SWEEEEEEEET!

11. frodo

frodo New Member

fooking hell this is going to be AMAZING! that motherboard is gigantic!

i really like the way your other cases turned out... subscribed!

12. PHILIP1193

PHILIP1193 a Self Confessed HP Server Lover!!

omg how big is that mobo, persoanlly i think your gunna he some big prosb wid trying to loop up all this water cooling and temps are not going to eb good with a dual rad mate, although im sure your aware of this, dual cpu and sli with a 120.2 dont mix i dont think, well good luck and looking good mate

Phil

13. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon New Member

Err what is that mobo? It seems like there are two slots for gpu? Dual everything? If I am wrong it is because I don't really know those things that well.. :/

My God google is an amazing tool... So SLI and dual cpus... :geek:

14. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

:read: Tyan K8WE...

15. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon New Member

I'm American... what do you expect? For me to read?! HAH I outsource my reading material to kids in India and they send me back prerecorded tapes of them talking. I then get my assistant to play them for me.

[actually: :wallbash: ]

16. fei

fei New Member

what pump is going in there for all those blocks?

17. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

How MANY pc's do you need :D ?? But very nice, What operons are going in thier?
    :Subscribed:

18. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

only 2 slots for standard 5 1\2 slots drives an the other for a display maybe

19. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

It's quite rare that I subscribe to anything... but I just have to.

I thought at first it would be two cases, presumably cubing it up, so to speak. Coolermaster must just give them to you with all the publicity they get out of your mods (and if they don't, they should! your projects have certainly upped my interest in them)

I hate to think of the cost so far... a quick newegg'ing puts the procs at just under a grand (us) each, the mobo around $500, I'm figuring two gigs of (registered!) ram and the pair of 6800's. good lord. And my money's on the 850(?)w PCP&C psu... I don't think anything less could cut it! And even with what Nexxo's done, I can't see watercooling all that on a 2x120mm rad without tornados (omg, that would be what, 200+ cfm each if they made them?)

All that power... soon you'll realize games are still single threaded, not to mention you've singlehandedly made the 6800's a marketing success. You're up to what... six of them?

ok I think I've said (marvelled inwardly at your insanity) enough

20. ShinySwede

ShinySwede New Member

Ill follow this one for sure ...looks great, ive actually been thinking of cutting my wavemaster this exact same way =) ....So now i can let you make all the mistakes first haha ...j/k ..Good Luck man ...this will be great..