1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Dudes threatening girls?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 24 Jan 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Oh for sure if he got in my face...

Its hard especially at work you're trying to be the bigger man but when you see somebody do that to a girl you're ready to break his eye sockets

2. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

I can't stand it, as i'm sure most people can't. I can never even invisage me being violent towards a woman. The only contact i can condone is a good spanking...ha.

But really some of my female friends are of the 'scene' variety and they seem to attract the worst kinda people and often not saying anything about it either. Wish i was around for them more often, i'd love to break some of the dickheads.

But well done for sorting that bloke out, you seem to have had a bad combo, dickhead + retail environment. **** the customer always being right...

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I really hate how things like this escalate so quickly into the wrong things. Way to sort it out in a proper manner without creating a scene.

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I'm surprised the query about his order missing something didn't get your attention from the get go. But yeah. What a douche.

5. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

if its a busy kitchen then a bomb could of gone off and he would of missed it.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Let me rephrase, 'surprised the girl didn't alert you to the customer, as you were the one who took the order'.

7. DeadP1xels

They do but sometimes its quicker just to lose a slice of bacon than go through 15 minutes of arguments and a refund

If it gets out of hand like this occasion does than generally even if im not asked to i face the customer...

99% of the time there face is priceless as they expect me to be cut off from the whole of the team somehow and not be able to communicate

The face always is something like "Oh ****... he served us" they know they can't play the **** with me they will always lose :thumb:

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

So now that we've established how great it is that DeadP1xels was able to resolve a difficult situation with so much class, I have a general question about the overall sentiment here.

We've established that bullies suck, but why do we keep bringing up the idea that girls have to be protected? Would we still be this enraged if the guy in the original post had been cocky to a fellow male coworker, or would we be less eager to jump in with such bravado and rescue another male? Or do we elevate women to protected status out of a romantic sense of chivalry?

omicron and Omega Point like this.
  9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

the alpha male protects his female from other males. I think it's normal that we get worked up when some asshole is acting crazy around our girls, either because they actually are our girl(s) or because we wish they were

10. DeadP1xels

I was waiting for this.... :D

No if i saw something get out of hand and i thought that a co-worker (male or female) was losing control of a situation and generally not in a great place i would step in....

baring in mind there is 3 males that work there and around 26 females its never happened where i have to step in and cool the situation down between a male member of staff.

HOWEVER this girl was 18 i knew how she was... she was a generally nice girl and did'nt like confrontation i already new this was'nt going to go well so i kept an eye out JUST INCASE i was'nt planning to jump in unless i saw (like i did) she was'nt comfortable

Most of the woman would have handled the situation but on this occasion i thought it was best to help out a little :thumb:

11. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

No one threatens girls when I'm around because if there is anything I hate this is it, I'll break his knee caps. I won't even go on about this matter as it makes me sick

12. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I don't think anyone has said that guys should only ever stick up for girls, it's just considered pretty poor form on the guys part for picking on a young girl like that. That's what gets people 'enraged' over something like this. I'm sure you could agree that most young males would be better equipped to deal with a situation like that in the first place.

13. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Yup, I'm happy to jump in for most people if I know the sides of an argument. Thus "Brawl".

14. Psycho

Psycho Average

Wait, I thought that was the reason for the dreadnought?

15. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Speaking for myself, it's not entirely that they're by some divine grace more important to protect, it's that they're generally more defenseless. Someone like Brawl gets bullied (just imagine) I won't step in because he'll make short work of protecting himself. Similarly, there are situations where the unfortunate lady in question may be well equipped to defend herself and I will just stay back.

And this because, again speaking for myself, being nice is about all I've got going for me so I intend to take every opportunity I get.

I assume that I am the mould from which the world is formed and therefore everyone else behaves the same way. :thumb:

16. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Excellent job P1xels, professional and assertive :clap:

I've been in the same basic situation a few times, often it's just not worth getting involved with the crazy people of this world. You can end up risking your life for someone, girl or boy, who will just hook up or hang out with the same crazy person again, or upgrade to even crazier company :duh:

17. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Food establishments are the pits. Try being a bouncer in a bar. Women ARE precious, they are also really nasty to break up in bar fights. When several of my Hells Angels brothers and myself were working bars the ladies were difficult. Guys avoided the jackets. Ladies didn't care. A quiet word shut down most guys. 290+ pounds didn't hurt for reinforcement.

18. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Reminds me of a night in a fast food restaurant.. It's next to where all the buses go, so people come in just to keep warm and eat fries or something small. Anyway due to the special way VAT is different for take-away (cheaper) or eating in (more expensive) some dude was ass hat enough to buy the take-away and sit down to eat it. Ofcourse this doesn't work too well for the fast food place and it was full anyway, so a girl came over and asked the guy to leave..

What he did was pretty similar, except probably louder. I was just another customer, but really felt like punching the drunken idiot in the face. You just DO NOT shout to small girls working in fast food restaurants for doing their jobs.

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Pretty much. I don't like anyone fighting if I'm totally honest, anything can be resolved providing both parties are willing to actually sit down and listen. Violence is never an answer as it starts other issues off, but sometimes it's unavoidable. My size being a major benefit, not many people continue shotuing and ranting if I stand there and bellow "SILENCE HUMANS!", it works and you can get them to sit down and talk instead of threatening each other.

Alas when you have brothers behind you, it's alot different I'll be honest. Guys in bars are always douchebags though lets be honest and no matter if you're a weed or a HA, alcohol will make you a gobshite regardless of size. I've seen many people kick off at my third cousin who's best part of twenty six stone and seven foot three without his combat boots on. I've seen guys who're less than six foot swing for him. Unfortunatly alcohol makes people douchebags regardless!

However, being sober and being a douchebag, to a woman of all things. Just isn't cool. Well being a douchebag to anyone sucks regardless.

20. DeadP1xels

Oh for sure i remeber one time my brother came home beat up

He worked behind the bar in a night club notorious for being rowdy

One night a girl came to the bar bladdered and asked for another drink my brother refused to serve her for two keys reasons

a) She was completely annihilated
    b) She was pregnant....

So off she goes cussing and swearing and brings back two guyss, her boyfriend and his mate who jump behind the bar and start kicking the crap out of him, he got a good few punches in but it was hard being out numbered

I thought that was pretty bad especially considering the circumstances... just making a pure assumption here but i would guess that her boyfriend was the father... or atleast gave a **** about the health of this unborn child...

If i heard my girlfirend/wife was drinking while pregnant with ANY child and was refused a drink by bar staff i would personally go and shake that mans hand for using his brain