1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development dungeon keeper 2 , uncompressing a WAD file... if that's what you do with WAD files

Discussion in 'Software' started by DanSonley, 14 Feb 2012.

1. DanSonley

DanSonley What's a Dremel?

hello all.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to open a wad file for dungeon keeper 2. I tried a few wad file openers and they all came up with errors related to it not being doom. i was hoeping to mod dungeon keeper 2.

i have never modded a game so i might b doing the wrong thing completely here.
    There are 4 WAD files, 2 DAT,1 DIR, 2 text files and 1 sdt. The only relevant ones are WAD's

i am planning on only really messing around with the files. If i can get it to work i might redo the meshes and maybe a few textures and see if i can change the resolution options... Howeer that seams a bit ambitious.
    thanks Dan

2. Deders

Deders Modder

This site should help

3. DanSonley

thanks dude. how did you find this? i couldn't find anything on dungeon keeper 2 mods/modding
    ill look though this now

4. Deders

Deders Modder

Using my powers of google fu, and my uncanny ability to sit upright, I typed Keeper 2 Wad into google, and pressed enter.

Now get your imps to give you a slap...

Last edited: 15 Feb 2012
  5. DK63

DK63 Resident magpie

If you have success, let us know. I loved this game back in the day. Still do, actually. Would love an up to day remake or sequel. However, if anyone mentions Dungeons, I'll send my Mistresses to flay your skin!

6. DanSonley

i didn't find that when i googled :D must have missed it.

thanks anyway

When i puled the file apart it was hundreds of other files. i think there videos of each thing. so that means it would require remaking from scratch. if you were going to put so much work into it it would make sense to remake the entire game in a new up to date engine. not really what i was expecting. Because this is far beyond me.
    D:
    i did find some ware some people remaking it with looked good. not finished yet though

7. Deders

Deders Modder

Shame, would be interested to see a re-working of an excellent game. what makes you think they are videos?

8. DanSonley

ill just double check but when i opened up the files it was all a file format witch when i looked up just said it was video formats. ill give it another go see what happens

9. DanSonley

yeah i can unpack the files to a certain extent. They are KMF files. from searching the internet all it seams it would take some one to reverse engineer them, i might ask a mate who can program to have a look see if he has any idea of what to do with them.