1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Dust filter.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Corky42, 3 Mar 2019.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Evening all.

Before i spend money on some fan filters to only chop them up for the material i was hoping some clever Bit Techer may know if the material/fabric could be bought separately, I've spent the last few days searching around but I've come up blank. :(

The filters or rather the fabric, material, the bit collecting the dust, in question would be similar to the type used in DEMCiflex, and some SilverStone filters.

I bought that SilverStone filter but after taking it apart the fabric is to small, however it did allow me a closer look at it and from what i can tell it's a monofilament type of fabric maybe made up from nylon or polyester.

2. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Tights, make sure you get the opaque ones.

3. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Aye, tights is the old-skool dust filter solution!

4. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Yea I've seen that on my travels but couldn't tell the difference between the DustEnd stuff and normal polyurethane foam that you can pick up on fleabay for a fiver.

Yea I've used them in the past but i was looking for something more durable and less stretchy this time.

I think i maybe after the fabric they make silk screens from but never having seen a silk screen printing frame IRL it's difficult to know how dense or lose the hole spacing is, and that's before trying to find somewhere that's willing to sell the fabric without a frame.