1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows dvd filler

Discussion in 'Software' started by cannon, 19 Jan 2005.

1. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Im looking for a program that will list or move a number of files that would best fill a dvd or cd.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Paul

2. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

huh?

3. cannon

cannon What's a Dremel?

sorry, ok i have say 18gb of data files and i want to fit them as best as possible onto a dvd. Is there a program that will select the files based on their sizes or do i just have to do it manually?

Thanks

Paul

4. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

just chuck 'em into nero one at a time till you hit the red line.

I've been doing it that way for years now, didnt know there was another way to do it ...

conversely, you could rar the whole shebang up into 4.35GB chunks, if you've nothing to do for the next couple days ...

5. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

I think cannon's looking for a program that will select files so that they fit exactly 4.7gb (dvd size). IE, puts all the largest files on the disk, then selects the best "fitting" smaller files.

I know of no such program myself, as its such a specific requirement I doubt theres any program to do it - though people make loads of programs for little to no reason these days. did you google it?

6. theflinger

theflinger What's a Dremel?

you can winrar it with no compression and split to volumes by exactly 4.7 gigs....

7. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

nero's interface does that. If you have nero, then you don't need any other program.

8. Liquid K9

Liquid K9 Human programmer.. heh

A) you cannot save exactly 4.7gb of data, you must account for overheads such as the file type (rar) etc. B) you cannot save 4.7gb data unless you use NTFS, which DVDs cannot use.

Best option using winrar (if you want to go that route - such that you pay for it f you use it longer than 30 days), is in 2.3gb segments

9. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

Free program called burn the the brim.. Google it..

Tags: