1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TheColdLord, 1 Sep 2006.

1. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

Hy yall. Me have a problem with my LG DVD-RW. It dosn't wan't to open when its in windows. Before the bios check it works, but as soon as the os boots it dosn't want to open anymore. Have no idea what it could be. I oppened the RW and didn't see anything burned or such.
    And it has another problem. If I try to instal anything with it it blocks dosn't read all the data macking the whole instal useless....and I cannot burn DVD's anymore with it.
    Plz help me out!!!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Sounds like a communication problem, check DMA settings in the device manager for it.

Also it may be a broken Firmware (you may need to reflash or get a new drive).

3. TheColdLord

DAMN....it isn't even shown asa drive...I think its busted. And I cannot seem to locate it anywhere. Kinda angry here.... Well I will probably get a new drive since this one seems to be busted, still any other suggestions?

4. DougEdey

Check the Jumper on the back of the drive is set correctly, you may need to move it to cable select.

5. TheColdLord

Moved it and it made the sys not recognize the hdd...wasn't even able to boot. There is one last thing left to do.....KILL SMASH.....bleah and get another one....I think I'm going for ASUS this time or even Gigabyte.

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

You're on about buying a new DVD-RW, right? Do Gigabyte make optical drives :confused:

Anyway... the NEC 4571A and Pioneer 111D are probably the two most popular drives around just now :idea:

7. TheColdLord

Yes gigabyte do produce DVD-RW, and there one of the best drives arround.

8. DougEdey

They normally base their drives on Lite-On ones. They also have some major issues with certain brands.