1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant DX Delivery.

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

"Do you know 90% of household dust is made of dead human skin? That's what DX are to me."

Seriously though. I don't care how much you can ever possibly loathe, hate, detest, despise or wish ill upon someone, never tell them to use DX. That's just too mean.

Reasons when I calm down.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Tickets?

3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Phew, I'm safe, never heard of them

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

DX= DealXtreme. Never bought from them, I get my gadget addiction fixes primarily from Firebox, Amazon and IWOOT :thumb:

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Maybe, but DX Delivery is a courier company :p

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

DX is Document eXchange. They've been a separate postal system for business for 20+ years, but have started breaking into the domestic contracting business, and are pretty crap at both tbh.

7. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

They are used to send passports out.

They are absolute ****.

Left me a card that said they had left my passport in a "safe place" on a terrace house that the front door opens onto the street.

Cretins.

8. RTT

RTT #parp

yup, they are S***.

managed to completely stuff up a delivery for me before xmas which meant a bunch of stuff i ordered for family wasn't present on xmas day :miffed:

edit: their parcel tracking is also completely useless. or was, anyway.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2015
  9. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Parcel2go emailed today to say:
    "Dear Customer,
    We thought you'd like to know about our newest Courier. DX has been added to our network of reliable couriers because we only ever deal with the best."

This doesn't inspire confidence from what you're saying...I'll be wary in future of who I choose to send stuff with.

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I had never heard of them until recently, Yet their site states "We’ve been providing our services for 40 years – always strike-free and uninterrupted"
    Have i been living under a rock?

Sam

11. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

They used to mainly deal with legal documents, the Law firm I worked for 13 years ago (post room boy!) used them for sending documents to other firms as they were more reliable and discrete than royal mail.

12. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Yeah the DX was largely for legal docs back in the day, and most law firms (in London at least) used to give their 'DX address' with their postal address. They are used less these days in that respect though, in my experience!

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

They are my new least favourite, now city link have rightfully gone out of business.

I paid £17 for a next day Saturday delivery just a few weeks ago. They finally delivered the parcel on Wednesday the following week.

Also, BEWARE – Doddle use them as their primary carrier too.

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Basically I had ordered some Shoes, and paid for 9-12am Delivery to my office.

They then said they couldn't deliver them because I wasn't physically there to sign, though I'd put the usual office instructions in the right bit...

The bloke delivering then failed to fill in the form properly, so I had to spend 2 hours chasing through the people I ordered from to get a tracking number. Then had to rebook the delivery to my home address. I said I wouldn't be there, and they had my permission to leave it in the hall of my conversion. Said this was fine. This time they didn't even bother ringing my flat (after I'd taken the morning off to get the package) and just left a form. So I rang them up to rearrange deliver AGAIN, but as it was about 2pm on a Thursday, they naturally couldn't deliver until Tuesday.. when they finally turned up at 7:45pm.

Their website is a joke, their call centre is a joke, their drivers don't follow instructions or fill out their forms properly, they won't let you go to the depot and collect... they are just bloody useless.

Why anyone ever stopped using Royal Mail I'll never understand.

15. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Damn I'm having a turntable being delivered by them!

16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Did anyone else think....

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

At least use the proper one you heathen...

18. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

My apologies. I just grabbed the first one on pootube without actually listening to it. Could have been Chaz and Dave for all I knew. lol