1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Bottle it and run away?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo Stopped treating this country as if it was his own

Dissemble and try and keep the UK in the EEA.

Liam Fox has now watered down his stance and admitted that the UK won't be able to keep access to the common market. Breality sucks.

3. Elledan

Elledan New Member

But they promised we could all have a pony :( Who can I trust now?

4. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Well-Known Member

EU should have a sliding scale of participation, just because a nation does not want to be 100% apart should not mean they go hungry and die on the street. EU should be an advanced layer of membership beyond the basics.

I expect I am wrong but forcing nations to comply into the EU for purely monetary reasons is bordering on blackmale? Which is illegal.

It sounds to me the EU needs to restarted with the inputs from all nations about just what it is they want.

If we want to leave the EU we should be free to do so and miss few if any vitals for on going prosperity any thing else is criminal. It is not cosa nosta ffs

We are the 2nd or 3rd most powerful nation in the EU I say we start our own EU which is minimal and removes all the full fat issues people have issue with and take a few nations with us !!

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

With Blackjack and hookers?

6. Nexxo

No, it's business. If you want to belong to the club you have to pay the membership contribution and adhere to its rules. Every club in the world works like that. Your golf club does. Your gym does. Professional bodies do.

You are free to leave the club. You just don't get any club membership benefits anymore. No more tariff-free access to the common market; no passporting rights of financial services into the common market.

Since 24th June You're the third. France is now the second.

Of course Farage had, for a brief moment, a golden opportunity to do just what you say: present Britain as a Europe-loving nation that only after long internal debate regretfully had to bow out of the EU because of its concerns about where it was going, but would relish an opportunity to maintain good trade relationships with any EEA country. He could have sketched out a positive vision of an alternative Europe consisting of sovereign states in voluntary economic cooperation in a common market, that other Eurosceptic nations could get behind. But instead we got the painful drama of the "All about Nigel" show, which revealed a psyche skittering around the edge of some deep, unpleasant psychological pit.

So, sorry, but the UK blew that one.

And then the UK further blew it by having no exit plan whatsoever and government going into full constitutional meltdown. Well done you guys! So Britain has inadvertently sketched an altogether different vision of life outside the EU for its (now former) Eurosceptic fellow nations. After the graphic hard-core cluster**** that is Brexit it looks like the enthusiasm for following Britain into leaving the EU is rapidly waning in France, Germany and now, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Sweden and Finland:

On second thought, forget about the Blackjack.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2016
  7. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

I expect he will be too busy shorting the pound with his trader mates.

The ****.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

After spending an evening with drunk Germans, and being equally drunk myself, we've concluded the entire thing is still stupid and thus far, so is anyone who thinks it's been a good move to even try and leave the EU.

Still holding out hope for any government to just flat out stop turning the knife and tell the public to stick their opinions up their arse, we're staying in.

9. Nexxo

Meanwhile it's so nice to hear how after 24 years of working in the NHS and living and paying taxes in this country I am being reduced to a bargaining chip.

Thanks, Britain.

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Welcome to the wonderful world of negotiation. :( :grr: :sigh:

11. Nexxo

Government is too busy sucking populist cock.

12. liratheal

Sadly so.

I'd do it, but I don't have the slime to be a politician.

13. Harlequin

Harlequin Well-Known Member

but will you also follow May`s plan and moving to a segregated non Uk citizen community and wear colour coded ID?

14. Nexxo

The man who laughs has simply not yet had the terrible news. --Bertold Brecht

15. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

As soon as she pays for it out of her own pocket:hehe:

16. liratheal

This is hardly the thread, but no.

More EU integration. Better paid teachers, doctors, nurses, **** that stupid nine grand a year uni fee garbage off, tax the dickens off the rich and corporations to pay for it. They're the ones that should be paying for the less fortunate, not the less fortunate. We only get better together, other EU and non EU countries manage it, so could we. Less getting involved in unwinnable wars in the desert. Try and get some of those Germans who build roads over. And perhaps some of those Nordic folk that recycle like they're possessed. More wind farms and solar power, that stuff is great.

Although, this is a melting pot. We can all get together and mix around but for the love of god. English, please and thank you.

17. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Well-Known Member

Any long 1 to 3 hour round table discussions in depth post referendum result?
    links?

One thing that has to be said is after the vote result, where has been the sit down and in depth dissection / conversation, by the leave camp?

I want to hear people talking not failing to stand up for nomination for prime mister, standing down of UK independence party.

Nigel Ferage standing down just at the moment he is meant to be standing up and quadrupling his efforts and putting flesh to his monster (good or bad) it's not correct action.

It's totally inappropriate to stand down, its like the captain of a ship, you are meant to stay with it right or wrong until you land port or land on the bottom of the sea bed.

We have not officially left the EU, what is he doing? its not due to fear of death frets of which he will have for the rest of his life one has to expect, he will need an armed guard for life?

Nigel Ferage maybe right about several points? but to stand down as leader of the party that brought us into an unknown situation (again rightly or wrong that is not the point) just strikes as ill moral, heinous, cowardice.

Boris not standing, Ferage leaving ship..

Where is the picture they drew, were is the follow through?

Pretty scary even for the most die hard leavers imo.

18. Nexxo

There are none.

There is none.

They drew no picture. It was just "We're better off out", and a bunch of incoherent and contradictory lies that they immediately backtracked on the next day.

Everybody who instigated this thing is either bailing out or still in flat-out denial. Only today I've heard the Brexiteers admit that there won't be access to the common market. They haven't mentioned loss of passporting yet. But since they are now talking about a quick exit I suspect that they finally realise they have little negotiating leverage. Another broken promise.

19. Harlequin

Harlequin Well-Known Member

20. Nexxo

This Dutchman (me) and his British wife are sitting in a restaurant in Birmingham, with its Romanian owner and a New Zealand customer talking about how to make 100% proof plum brandy in a home-made still constructed from an old oil drum (while drinking it, of course).

We're sitting in the Birmingham Food Halls in a little Japanese Sushi bar ran by a Polish chef. He says that there are more Sushi bars in Dansk than in the whole of the West Midlands.

The Muslim neighbour from across the road just knocks on the door to offer us some hot spiced chicken. It is the end of Ramadan and he is handing out spiced chicken to all the houses in the street as part of the celebrations.

All these moments of British multiculturalism will be lost... like tears in the rain.

Time to leave.

[​IMG]