1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I care because i want brexit not to be a thing. Brexit torpedoed my career chances and i resent the fact they were torpedoed for flimsy ******** reasons by a collective group of people who can't even agree on what they were torpedoing or why.

Not wanting it to be a thing does not stop me also wanting to understand why it is a thing.

I expected better from you nexxo.

Anyway, the point i was trying to make [and obviously didn't make it very well] was leave covers such a wide array of stances and rationales, convincing any meaningful number of them to reconsider is going to be hard... and not all will be swayed by the same arguments.

Last edited: 17 Jan 2018
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Sorry, the "What do you care?" was aimed at Tynecider's post, not yours (the one that basically tells us to "get a life", ignoring how this will affect some of our lives quite personally. EDIT: in fact, I think I'll elucidate).

Last edited: 17 Jan 2018
  3. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

I suspect quite a few of us have him on ignore lists. :lol:

4. Nexxo

Turns out you're right. :)

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Or are leaving for a foreign country in a month so don't have to deal with the ramifications of their actions?

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Some people actually have internet access at work these day, even though Brexit has put their jobs at risk and by extension their ability to feed themselves and keep a roof over their families heads, but never you mind as obviously you're perfectly happy to not be involved with any of that and instead crawl out of the woodwork once in a while to complain about things.

7. Nexxo

I think that those who voted Leave for shiggles generally are neither bright nor wealthy enough to do that.

Guest-23315 likes this.
  8. Nexxo

Tynecider obviously respects the democratic principle of freedom of speech. :p

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

He did perfectly demonstrate one of the other principals of a democracy though, active involvement, it's just a little disappointing that much like leave voters he seems to believe that involvement should start and finish at the polling station so he can come back a year later and proclaim how no one listened to him and you're all wasters.

10. Nexxo

That's pretty much the Leaver attitude towards the EU:
    • pay no attention to it whatsoever for 20+ years;
    • then vote in MEPs who have the stated opinion and objective that the EU is rubbish and must be destroyed and therefore barely bother to represent their country and cooperate with other member states;
    • listen to them justify their resulting poor performance at representing their country by saying that hey, the EU is rubbish, we told you so;
    • then wonder angrily why the UK, as second largest economy in the EU doesn't get more things its own way --even though it still gets most things its own way;
    • then vote Leave in a huff, and react with utter surprise when the EU doesn't treat them like the special little flower that they think they are;
    • then get angry when other people point out to them that they have been acting like irrational, narcissistic dicks.

11. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Fair point here though. We have an NHS doctor who seems to post more during working hours than non working. I do often wonder what his superiors would make of that. Then there are others who seem to spend more time on these forums than is really healthy. We all share worries and concerns over Brexit but dissecting every little event and statement down to the microscopic level isn’t helping anyone and is starting to come across as obsessive.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

When in doubt, ad-hominem :thumb:

13. Valo

Valo Minimodder

I went through past 10 pages or so. That's not even true

14. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

In Brexit Britain no ones going to be allowed internet access during working hours and how long you use it will be strictly policed to look for signs of unhealthy usage patterns, sharing worries and concerns will also be frowned upon as infecting people with your worries and concerns is to be deemed a risk to public health. ;)

15. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Most employers have internet usage policies written into standard employment contracts nowadays, didn't you know?

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Great (Firewall of) Britain.

17. Nexxo

There will be a new government policy that screens internet traffic to block harmful content. This will include expressions of public concern, critical comments about government policy, statements deemed to be contrary to public interest or opinion or likely to cause public discord, material not deemed compatible with British culture and values and expressions of emotion deemed to have a demoralising or emotionally negative impact on public health and the British spirit. Thus the government aims to protect the public and preserve the right attitude for making post-Brexit Britain a successful and glorious nation.

This corrective filtering of internet traffic will be delivered through the new Happy Thoughts(tm) software developed as part of this new government initiative and to be implemented by law through all ISPs operating in the UK.

Byron C and Corky42 like this.
  18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Tin-foil hats at the ready?

stuartpb likes this.
  19. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

But does it filter out the remoaners and their incessant doom and gloom posts?? If so, bring it on ;-)

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Mate, I voted out literally just so I could say I could and piss off most of my friends (and dual nationality whaattttupp) but you've got to admit the chances of this being a generally massive cock-up are significantly greater than it being a mild success?

I know a lot of salty tears are hilarious, but quite a bit of that 'incessant doom' is actually based on fairly well known and reviewed data.