1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd say we could bring back Colonialism, but then in 300 years we'd have to have another referendum on something..

And thats just not a risk im willing to take.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Makes sense though. The only engineers Britain has left come from India. And now they're all going back to Poland, builders will have to come from China.

Disclaimer: still on my mobile, waiting for a patient who is late for their appointment.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Robots.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

You allowed to charge them a tenner yet?

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

We can't even get the Irish to do it any more...

Guest-23315 and Corky42 like this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If you're happy to wait until Monday, I'll screenshot our IT policy which says exactly that - it's used by about 1,500 people globally.

Unfortunately I can't provide evidence of this because policies are stored on their internal networks, but the last place I worked had a similar policy: limited personal use, provided you're not doing anything dodgy or trying to bypass the filters. That policy was used by about to 50,000 to 60,000 people - I forget exactly how many employees they had globally, there were so many cuts...

Having a limited and reasonable policy for personal use fairly sensible IMO. People are going to do it anyway, whether they use their phones or their office PCs. Trying to ban it outright is draconian and unrealistic - I literally (and I do mean literally) could not do my job without the internet and I need access to a fairly wide range of sites - and not having a policy in writing gets you to a point where you have "unwritten rules". It's far better to have something in writing which makes it clear for everyone: employees know exactly what's acceptable and what isn't, and managers have a framework for disciplinary action.

7. Nexxo

Foreign ones. Made in China (coming over here to take British jobs...).

8. walle

walle Minimodder

Not just obsessive at this point stuartpb, as I've said in the past, they are traumatized and have a hard time dealing with it. Just look at what happened when Trump won the election.

Edit.
    I should perhaps also point out that there are those who are, traumatized or not, more addicted to posting their opinions onto an internet forum, I however do not suffer from such an addiction. ; )

9. walle

walle Minimodder

I don't believe that that's not true that's false news take that back thank you.

:D

10. Nexxo

I think that Brexit represents a loss to a number of people: of rights, of plans and possibilities in terms of study and career, and in some cases of jobs and job security. It takes a very egocentric person not to appreciate that.

You know, the kind of person who, just because they are quite happy with, or indifferent about Brexit themselves, strongly feel that other people should not be allowed to complain about it either even amongst themselves.

Which is why you're here, posting. :D

Is true! Ask CNN!

Last edited: 19 Jan 2018
    Corky42 and Byron C like this.
  11. walle

walle Minimodder

We can recognize and appreciate all of that but in a balanced way without all the doom and gloom, divorce is messy and it's not over until it's over, and it's not over yet, it will take years for things to settle down. There are lots of things that can happen still.

I recent the insinuation and borderline accusation :cool:

Besides, it's only natural that you would have a "couple" of relapses anyway, like treats like and all that.

Clinton News Network! Good grief man stop the madness. :p

12. Nexxo

I think that the hysteria is mostly coming from the Brexiteers, using emotive language like "punishment" when the EU won't give them their cake, comparing the EU to the Third Reich and framing the divorce in WWII analogies. You know, for all their ******** of wanting to leave the EU because the UK is big and strong enough to successfully compete on the world stage on its own, Brexiteers sure get angry when the EU decides to actually treat the UK as it would a competitor, and not fall over itself to give the UK a favourable sweet deal.

Anyway the opinions posted in this forum thread should not bother you as much as the actual loss of real rights bothers us.

And then there's this. My God, is there no end to this tragedy?!

What can I say? Breitbart just ain't the same since Bannon left. :p

Last edited: 19 Jan 2018
  13. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Its not even started yet and already the list of what's being called "doom and gloom" has effected peoples lives, and mostly for the worse, i mean seriously biscuits.

14. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Stuff like that Mcvites article do not help the remain side at all. I wish they would stop doing it, its just shrink flation been happening for years.

Lol I've often thought forced labour is under used nowadays maybe give that a go.

I bet we end up having another one to rejoin the Eu in the next 30 years thus the cycle repeats.

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It isn't so much the remain side doing it, but rather companies excusing their usual misdeeds with brexit.

16. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm not sure it's the remain side, it's not like some remain supporting MP, person, or media outlet have told Mcvites to blame their increased costs on Brexit, it's a simple matter of fact that the roughly 10% fall in the value of sterling since the referendum has resulted in everything we import costing more.

Sure shrinkflation has been going on for years but normally there's not a single defining moment, it's lots of smaller ones that all add up overtime.

17. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Care to source that opinion Corky? Or to share that one single defining moment which has resulted in more shrinkflation? Last time I looked this practice has been going on for a good number of years. In fact the ONS has stated that the practice pre-dates Brexit and there was no evidence to suggest Brexit had a part to play. Seems some remoaners will cling to any old theory to try and score points!!

https://visual.ons.gov.uk/shrinkflation-and-the-changing-cost-of-chocolate/

Now you've made a claim, which I find to be arguable. I could have said you were wrong and it was up to you to prove you were right. Instead I've tried demonstrating why I think your statement is wrong. That is good debate ethics, no?

What next...Brexit ate my hamster???

Last edited: 20 Jan 2018
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not shrinkflation, but a while ago I did download a good whack of exchange rate data a while ago, for this very thread:

I'm off out shortly, but I'll update that when I get home and post some updated figures. It's not the direct evidence you're looking for, but the value of sterling will have an effect here.

19. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Don't doubt for a minute the pound de-valuing affects the cost of raw materials. I do have at least a basic grasp on economics. To try and attribute the de-valuing of the pound as the reason for shrinkflation is weak though, especially when some manufacturers themselves are stating Brexit isn't a major factor.

The price of raw materials can and do peak and trough. Failing crops, poor growing seasons, over production, I could go on and on, all these have dramatic effects on prices. Then oil prices can affect transport and packaging costs, energy costs for the factories etc. etc. How about increased labour costs, due to the minimum wage increases? Endless fluctuations in cost/profit that DO affect how many biscuits we get in a pack or how heavy a biscuit it is. Or are we going to attribute these changes in market conditions to Brexit too?

Last edited: 20 Jan 2018
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Slow your roll fool, there's no need to be antagonistic or patronising. I'm not defending anyone's claim here: your request for proof reminded me that I did pull some numbers for this thread a while ago, and it might be interesting to update it. I'm not interested in amateur/semi-amateur economics, I'm interested in numbers & statistics; my opinion of Brexit is not entirely based in logic or evidence, so I'm not really interested in debating someone who is similarly unprepared to let the evidence guide them.