1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

If the Brexiteers should fear anything it's that someone from Northern Ireland will start sliding exciting things under their cars if/when the border goes up.

In Mogg's case I don't think he gives a damn about staying in power, he's fixated his career and legacy on leaving the EU, everything else is window dressing.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

They probably should, but given most of them seem to think the troubles are a made up bit of EU/Remoaner scaremongering I wouldn't count on it.

And even though the prattling possessed pencil in pinstripes is too useless to actually be in government, the contact high from being part of the party of government satisfies his born-to-rule lord snooty instincts. For now at least.

3. RedFlames

4. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Didn't Belgium spend something like a year and a half without a government and do mostly just fine?

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Remind me again how we can make a success of Brexit if only 'remoaners' got on board.

If only they squished their eyes tighter and wished a little harder. :D

Lets take back control and put the country first...

EDIT: As the government is publishing their immigration whitepaper today, over two years on from when people voted, and immigration being among the top concerns of people who voted to leave at the time does it still mean leave voters can claim they knew what they voted for?

Last edited: 19 Dec 2018
  7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

8. RedFlames

Control the borders!

...just not that one [the NI/RoI border]… and... err... not just yet [for the rest]...

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The old system: You can look for work for three months then be sent home.

The new system: You can look for work for twelve months then be sent home.

adidan likes this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah I never got why people thought anybody could turn up and just claim benefits. That's just plainly not true besides the fact that EU immigrants provide a NET benefit to the treasury.

But anyway, facts seem to be the first casualty of anger.

11. RedFlames

12. Nexxo

YOU THINK?!?
    :duh::wallbash:

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Like, wtf were they expecting?

14. RedFlames

To be rescued by the German car industry... the French/Spanish tourism industires… the Italian food industry... etc... etc...

And they genuinely thought they'd throw Ireland under the big read bus with misleading slogans on the side.

15. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

For the propaganda to be true.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm being dragged along in this mess I'd have a lot more empathy for the people who've been mislead.

16. Nexxo

I note how the argument touted for a "managed no deal" Brexit is that "surely the EU will agree to some mini deals because it is in its own interests".

I recall the same argument was used for the promise that the EU would give the UK a cake-and-eat-it good deal. German car industry, Italian Prosecco, surely it would be in their own best interests? How did that work out again?

17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Slowly over the years and tied together by a guillotine clause? So the Switzerland / EEA in drag option.
    (Although if the recent negotiations between the EU and Switzerland about a new framework agreement is anything to go by the UK should be extremely averse to that option)

18. RedFlames

Paraphrased from twitter

No Deal = You [HMG] had literally one job, and you didn't/couldn't do it...

19. Nexxo

“I am very clear that we are clear that we are focusing on delivering the deal no one can agree upon...” (John Crace, in the Graun)

Meanwhile, the leader of the opposition had one job... and he is screwing that up, too.

Also: government admits that expats will lose their reciprocal access to health care, and are now worrying that a lot of elderly expats with chronic health conditions will return to the UK to flood the NHS. Better get that extra £350 million per week ready. I mean, that's still happening, right? Right?

Last edited: 22 Dec 2018
  20. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

For someone who painted himself as not being like your typical politician he sure comes across as being like a typical politician, either that or he's as oblivious as most of the other MPs who think people will be thanking them in 10, 20, or 50 years time.

Everything we were promised, no matter what way you cut it, is slowly turning to dust. We'll be worse of financially, we'll have less sovereignty, less control, lower standards of living, and fewer chances for our children.

I know leave voters say there'll be short-term pain as we adjust to the new reality but how long is 'short-term', by what metric are we meant to measure if Brexit has been a success, what exactly are we looking to gain from this?