1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Pffft. Owning boats is just the kind of defeatist, fear-mongering attitude of Remainers, worrying about stuff sinking into the sea. If you believe in Brexit Britain you don't need boats. That cargo will just float across the channel buoyed by confidence and a plucky bulldog spirit.

The_Crapman likes this.
  2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The didn't need boats during Dunkirk!

liratheal likes this.
  3. Nexxo

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

A Leaver, leaving? Inconceivable!

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

As an aside...TIL that Singapore was the only country to gain it's independence by being told to GTFO.

EDIT: Also this...

[​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Jan 2019
  6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

But our passports will finally be in the colour of the glorious EU flag, so all worth it on balance:grin::grin::grin:

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I can throw it at the rats. ;)
    Maybe it's something to do with the EU signing that FTA with Singapore a few months ago, those trade barriers can be a B.

8. Nexxo

9. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Panasonic too.

but hey at least we are getting a fast track lane in the Algarve airport.

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Don't forget those half dozen laws or so and the 40 pence per person per day that we'll being taking control of when we leave, that must be worth it, right.

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

This has been mentioned on OCUK a few times now, anyone on here seeing this pop up on FB? I avoid FB, have done for a while, seems like it was a good idea to.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

13. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I don't use FB or Twitter but someone has gone through it on Twitter and thoroughly debunked it, it's basically bat s*** crazy (aka:fake news.), the main thing that should really tip people off is that the Lisbon treaty was signed in 2007, came into force in 2009, and makes no mention of 2020 or 22.

Point 23 should also be a slight hint, that is unless we're live in the Star Trek universe and the UK is boldly going where no man has gone before. ;)

Speaking of Twitter, this thread reader link is of someone listing 180 factually accurate examples of the impact Brexit is already having on the UK, it pretty much shows that any claims made before and since the referendum that Brexit would have a small or negligible impact on the UK are complete tripe.

It's going to be interesting when people start to feel and see the impact of some of these in the coming months. :(

Last edited: 23 Jan 2019
  14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There is absolutely going to be civil unrest once the proper hardcore working-class leavers realise that they've been done up good and proper, but I fully predict that those who are responsible - assuming they've not done a Dyson and cocked off to sunnier climes - will successfully reframe it as being all the fault of "remoaners" for "talking the country down" and "kowtowing to the EU mafia" and "preventing the Government from negotiating properly."

Not, y'know, the entirely predictable outcome of a nation so small you could easily lose it on a map of the world choosing to voluntarily oust itself from the most successful political and economic collaboration in history and which represents the overwhelming bulk of its trading and logistics. Y'know, the entirely predictable outcome dismissed as "Project Fear," when it should have been called "Project No Sh*t Sherlock."

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to laugh at Alcoholic Stringfellow himself Tim Martin for pulling all EU wine and 1/3 of EU beers from Wetherspoons pubs to stick it to 'em good and proper. What's that? Why not all the EU beers? Well, 'cos he's a massive chuffin' hypocrite. Bonus: being down £40m 'cos nobody's got any money to piss down the pub and all his EU staff have buggered off home, and having been fingered for stealing columns from national papers to fill his in-house pro-Brexit 'newspaper' you get thrown at you when you go through the door.

I'm really hoping the latter results in numerous court cases.

Nexxo and Corky42 like this.
  16. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Reddit is where i grabbed the link from. :)

The thing that gets me with that being shared all around the place is this: I'm told some people voted to leave because of people like me, a sneering metropolitan elite (I'm neither metropolitan or elite but whatever), and i get told not to look down my nose as those who voted to leave, that we're (referring to themselves) not stupid, etc, etc.

But how am i supposed to react when they share, and seemingly believe, something that's so obviously fake and bat s*** crazy. :confused:

17. Nexxo

I'm just going to keep my head down, do my last few years until retirement and then **** the hell off out of this country.

What can I say? It's been real.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Jan 2019
  18. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Considering the last few years, I've ammended your statement :p

19. Nexxo

20. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

I was sent this earlier...

[​IMG]

Piss poor picture editing but rather reflective of the individual.