1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Wait wait wait, what happened to "sunny uplands", "only upsides, no downsides" and "we hold all the cards"?

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

* Looks at deck *

All Jokers mate.

MLyons likes this.
  3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Let's decide to renege on the money we've agreed to pay to the EU. That'll help whentryign to negotiate new favourable trade deals with other nations: "we'll back out on our promises at the drop of a hat if we feel like it".
    Three Magikarps, a Yu-Go-Oh card, the poker hand rules card, and a "Go Directly to Jail" Community Chest.

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Which Tory will be first to say: "What is so bad about being a rogue nation? North Korea got 50000 tons of free rice out of it"?:p

Last edited: 30 Jun 2019
    MLyons likes this.
  6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

7. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I did not know this! Does make sense though. But just so we're clear, my comment was tongue in cheek. Except the last paragraph, I do believe that's exactly what will happen when we come to do our own trade deals.

8. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Makes you wonder what it will be in another 3 years, rationing is not inevitable, these power cuts won't last forever, at least sterling is still worth something.

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fidor Bank's closing its UK business:

upload_2019-7-1_14-51-17.png

Wonder what those "uncertainties" might be...

11. RedFlames

Chinese Diesel?

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

For all the obvious badness, I can't help but find this incredibly interesting.

From an economic standpoint and from a human standpoint.

There's so many businesses and institutions that've basically said "This is looking like a shitshow, we're off." and the Brexit camp still seems to believe it's the right thing to do. Not to mention politicians saying things like "People voted to be poorer in favour of sovereignty" despite all the bluster that everyone would be better off.

Denial is one hell of an interesting phenomenon.

I wonder what'll happen when Brexit actually happens and the Brexiteers realise that a lot of the money making institutions have gone. I wonder if they'll even make the connection to their newfound poverty and what they voted for. I wonder what happens when politicians who enabled this shitstorm die and younger, more EU-friendly, politicians take their place.

13. adidan

Says it all. Bloody fools.

14. liratheal

Boy oh boy are they embarrassing.

15. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

16. RedFlames

They've only been there a day, give them a chance... The bar probably isn't even open yet.

MLyons likes this.
  17. adidan

Brexit Party have done something I agree with, so fair's fair i'll post that too.

They've joined the SNP, LibDems and Greens in calling for a People's Assembly to investigate voting reform.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Leave voters will never admit that their getting poorer is a logical consequence of their vote. Already the narrative is to blame the EU; it is obstructive, spiteful, it wants to see the UK fail. Once the UK has left without a deal and the inevitable decade-long process of negotiating a new relationship from scratch follows --in which the UK will get its ass handed to it over, and over, and over-- the anti-EU narrative will continue just as before: Britain heroically fighting for freedom from the oppressive EU. Plus ca change...

Which is why I plan to be out of here within the next 5 years. Things were hard before? They are going to be bleak. Everyone working in the NHS and social care is seeing it coming, and it is frankly scary. People have no idea what's coming.

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well I told an old guy he was going to die alone and cold in a puddle of piss trapped in his own home because of the coming NHS cuts and care shortages, but my boss told me I wasn't allowed to make people cry at work on purpose.

On that note, rumblings from the General Optical Council are that subsidised eye tests for people over 60 are on the chopping block if health trust budgets stagnate or fall. With the sheer number of 'low risk' people I've sent to hospital based on a 'free' eye test there's going to be a huge spike in blindness in the elderly if it happens.

20. liratheal

While I expect you're right for the most part, I can't help but wonder how many will realise their mistake. I know some already have, I just wonder how many more will by the time it gets really messy over there.