1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

David Allen Green is having a field day over on Twitter...

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

True.

If they agree with the High Court then they effectively say the higher Appeal Court in Scotland's facts can't be considered as it's solely a political matter.

That would be very dangerous, in the future any executive could shut down Parliament and give whatever jumped up reason they wanted and it couldn't be challenged in the courts.

4. RedFlames

Govt: The Yellowhammer leak is old news

Parly: show us the current plan then

Govt: erm... yeah... about that...

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

So the government's own assessment, written by the Brexiteers themselves is,

Multi day queues at the border,
    Shortages of fresh food,
    Shortages of essential medical supplies,
    Businesses failing,
    Care for the elderley breaking down,
    Riots.

Yet they are doing everything in their power to make it happen. I wonder what the Daily Heil and the other red tops will have to say about it, presumably they'll declare it fake news or something.

Last edited: 11 Sep 2019
  6. RedFlames

It's basically word for word identical to the thing that leaked to the sunday times... y'know the thing HMG said was total bollocks...

Last edited: 11 Sep 2019
  7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Cummings probably ate the real one so they just took the leaked one and published that:p

8. RedFlames

Or, and this is most likely... their cries of 'it's bollocks and/or out of date... we have a better, more up to date one' when it leaked were, as per, ********. And the one they were dismissing as bollocks and out of date was in fact the up to date one and the only one they had...

...like iirc when they were forced into releasing the 'sectoral analyses' Davis kept banging on about. only when parly passed a motion going 'we demand to see them', did they basically admit 'yeah, we don;t actually have them, here's some notes a lost intern made instead'

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I was expecting something a little more exhaustive, I've seen PowerPoint presentations with more content than that, the entire UK could face disruption and all our government comes up with are 5 pages that amount to little more than we've really FUBAR with this Brexit thing ain't we.

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You expected more from Team Incompetence?

I'd be impressed if this collection of braying ****tards could find their way out of a wet paper bag with a guide at this point.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

As Gove admitted to using Coke I think it should be challenged as whether he's in full control.

Oh and then put in prison, you know, for breaking the law and all that. How can we be confident he won't break the law again?...

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

A very big part of me wants to put him, and not just him, in a ditch using a truck. If only violence was the answer..

13. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, they are either hiding a couple thousand pages or aren't fit to water a house plant...
    take your pick.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Supposedly Yellowhammer was the "base scenario" (i.e. the most likely outcomes,) and labelled as such in the original leak; the released version rebrands the same content to a worst-case scenario without actually changing anything else (other than redacting Section 15.)

The really interesting document, so I hear, is Black Swan - the actual worst-case scenario. Which, I assume, reads something like a background document for a British reboot of Mad Max. Irate Maximilian, if you will.

Oh, and for the curious - here's what the redacted Section 15 said in the leaked version:

15. Facing EU tariffs makes petrol exports to the EU uncompetitive. Industry had plans to mitigate the impact on refinery margins and profitability but UK Government policy to set petrol import tariffs at 0% inadvertently undermines these plans. This leads to significant financial losses and announcement of two refinery closures (and transition to import terminals) and direct job losses (about 2,000). Resulting strike action at refineries would lead to disruptions to fuel availability for 1-2 weeks in the regions directly supplied by the refineries.

SUNLIT UPLANDS! BREXIT DIVIDEND! ADEQUATE FOOD, BUT MAYBE NOT PETROL. OR JOBS, FOR THAT MATTER. GO GET 'EM, BORIS!

15. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

"inadvertently" :duh:

16. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

BLACK SWAN: "Turns out the plug is on the EU side of the channel and Macron like the popping sound it makes when pulled. England slowly sinks into the sea".

17. RedFlames

18. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Ask your local Nexxo about Johan de Witt

liratheal likes this.
  19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

In our defence, the mob that lynched him roasted his liver before they ate it.

I mean, we're not savages.

VipersGratitude likes this.
  20. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

If you're roasting liver you are, that stuff has to be pan fried. ;)

Nexxo likes this.