1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, it's a pity the ****er didn't decide that a year ago instead of gifting a majority to the Tories, by dint of his own blatantly obvious unelectability.

A full term of Bojo the clown with a bloody majority. Jesus. H. ****ing. Christ. I'm telling my kids to look for work abroad.

adidan likes this.
  2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

That was a bit of a Spock eyebrow moment for me, when combined with their promise to reform the constitution and look at the role of the courts in holding the government to account, human rights, the government being held to account and what seem to be a general power grab by the executive it certainly has echos of the past.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Not a great start to the day.
    Now split between wanting things to get much worse to verify my viewpoint and hoping things improve for actual goodness :D

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Well that was mildly unexpected. Not the Labour thing. That was entirely expected with that bumbling imbecile found on an allotment at the helm

Still, I can't help but sit here thinking "Not my problem anymore".

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]
    I've got my exit plan.

liratheal likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

42% to 43% Tory vote share 2017 to 2019.

It's amazing how our system can shift from a hung Parliament to overall majority on such a fine margin.

liratheal likes this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Quite proud of Bradford West: looks like a lot of new voters turned out, 'cos the Labour candidate's share of the vote went up 11.5-ish points to 76%(!) - but the only party to make a loss was the Tories, which went down just 1.5 points. All other parties made single-digit gains - including the independent listed on the ballot as "(Address in Pakistan)", who got 90 votes. Bless 'im.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Poor people voted for the party that promised the higher min wage, quelle surprise.
    Seriously though, I bet Labour promising a lower min wage than the Tories was as toxic to Labour as the dementia tax was to May.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2019
  9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Well **** it, I'm done with giving a **** for a while.

We've got the government we deserve and we've got the Brexit we deserve. If people are too stupid, short-sighted, or easily misled to see what they've voted for then it's NOMFUP; I'll look out for me and mine and everyone else can own this this gargantuan shitstorm they've voted for. I am well aware that I am extremely privileged to be in the position I am in, but you know what? The people who voted these greasy sh**s in suits into power - for whatever reason - got what they wanted, so now they can own it. No matter what happens, I'll probably be fine; I'm alright, Jack.

10. liratheal

Fiver says they don't raise the minimum wage but do raise taxes and tax cuts for high earners.

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fiver says they *do* raise the minimum wage, but increase the number of people on zero-hour contracts and work exempt from the minimum wage legislation. Puts a nice big tick in the "manifesto pledge delivered" box, makes the poor poorer and the rich richer. Pure Tory.

David, liratheal and Byron C like this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's how they "reduced unemployment" over the last decade or so. Clearly it's working for them.

Clearly it doesn't work for the people who happen to be in zero-hours or gig economy jobs, but that of course doesn't matter - as you say, it's job done for them when it comes to keeping promises.

13. liratheal

While that is clever, I do wonder if it's too clever for the incompetent gibbons that are now going to be running the country.

14. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Don't forget artificially inflating property values so their landlord chums can hoover up the min wage increase.

liratheal likes this.
  15. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Any chance I can be woken up when this sh!tshow has finished?

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Get settled in Sleeping Beauty

B1GBUD likes this.
  17. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Look on the bright side, Nigel Dodds lost his seat.

B1GBUD likes this.
  18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

There are some other bright sides, the Brexit party and UKIP both failed to get a single seat and the Bigot party ( aka the DUP), will no longer have any influence in Westminster.

Arboreal likes this.
  19. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I suppose another bright side is that it wasn’t a hung parliament, with a cobbled together government and rampant pillaging of the magical mystical money tree.

20. Risky

Risky Modder