1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Or he doesn't, we have a hard brexit and all the problems are blamed on the virus.

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

The history of the Conservative party is the history of them stabbing each other in the back, May, Cameron, Major, Thatcher, Winston Churchill himself, they all end their time being undermined by their supposed colleagues and friends. We will see when the knives come out for Boris, but no doubt they are being sharpened as we speak.

In my heart I hope that whatever happens Boris will get the blame. If Brexit talks get extended it's because he didn't do enough about he virus. If there's a hard Brexit he was too busy with the virus to pay attention and/or he adds to his reputation of going absent during a crisis.

In my head I suspect that he could personally start evicting old ladies from their homes to die in the streets and the Tory faithful would still vote for him.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

They're also more likely to do it while their majority is healthy [and now the FTPA is a thing] imo. No risk of a general election and being turfed out.

No FTPA and/or a waffer thin majority and they're less likely to because being in power is what counts to them.

They could also point to the corvid fallout in the EU, such as a likely bailout of italy, and go 'see, we were right to leave else we'd be responsible for cleaning that mess up'

Last edited: 16 Mar 2020
  4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Based on what I'm reading about the UK response to the virus, there might not be a lot of old Tories left to say that.

5. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

We can only hope...

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I had an interesting experience yesterday.

I had to take a friend to the doctors, he is originally from South Africa and I had to take him because his daughter couldn't as she was dealing with other stuff.

I got to the doctors with my mate and there is a young lad spouting a load of crap at the girl on reception, saying that they shouldn't be cancelling the walk in clinic and instead should "Stop the chi*ks from being seen since it's because of them that the virus is in the UK" and that "If Brexit had been done properly these immigrant diseases wouldn't be hear" and finally "All none English people should be kicked out of the country"

My friend said what about him, he was born in South Africa and lived there till he was 8 and then him and his parents moved to the UK, and he has lived here ever since and his kids were born here.

The lad had no answer and his girlfriend was telling him to shut up.

Now I know his girlfriend we went to school together, and she said sorry to me and my friend which he was not happy about and threatened to slap her for speaking for him.

Told him straight "You hit her and I will break your jaw" (had a crush on her in school) he said that I should mind my business and stop bringing a bad name to "Skin Heads", I asked what he meant by that and he said well you have a "Skin Head" and you are friends with a immigrant and a black immigrant at that.

Now yes I have a "Skin Head" but it's because I am going bald on the top of my head, think Mr Burns from The Simpsons, so I shave my head because it looks better.

Eventually after much verbal back and forth, we al sat down as she had an appointment and I just carried on as normal talking to my mate.

Told her if he ever touches her like that just give me a call, and made sure he heard it.

The little git decided to turn up outside my house last night with a group of lads, I walked out and they saw me and said to him "Your on your own mate" they were all the younger brothers of lads I use to hang out with or they knew me.

Asked him how he found out where I lived and he said he followed me home so he knew where to go with "His Boys" as I had shown him disrespect :hehe: and needed to be taught a lesson about respecting my superiors :hehe:

I said yeah you and your boys are going to teach me a lesson aren't you, your boys are not going to do anything as they know me and they know what will happen.

The idiot flung himself towards me and I just slapped him and told him to go home to mummy and don't be so stupid in the future otherwise he will say/do the wrong thing to the wrong person who will teach him a real lesson.

He didn't listen and tried again, I just slapped him again and said "1 more time and I will hit you properly", he came at me again so I dropped him.

Told his friends to pick him up and take him home to his mummy to give him a lollipop for his boo boo.

The thing is there are other idiots out there that like him, and unfortunately it's not legal to stop them from having kids or to shove them in a shuttle aimed directly for the sun.

He is the type of idiot who gives those people who voted for Brexit a bad name and provides reasoning for those people who constantly say only racists and idiots voted for Brexit.

I just hope she also see's him for what he is and leaves him because she can do so much better than him.

Nexxo and MLyons like this.
  7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Meanwhile, in Brexitania:

Boris Johnson's father applies for a French passport. Apparently he can do that because his mother was French. He thinks it would be quite handy for his grandchildren to be able to work throughout the EU. Fun fact: Boris Johnson will therefore be eligible too.

8. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Well-Known Member

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Well they can't have it, they knew what they were voting for and Boris made a promises. :D

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

adidan likes this.
  11. adidan

Ah that's who he reminded me of.

Waiting for part two and his version of:

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

For anyone naively thinking the covid goings on would introduce some common sense into the Govt -

13. adidan

Steamrollering ahead with crashing out in January with nothing so far agreed then.

Trying to do trade deals on that basis is hard enough, but how hard will it be during/after a pandemic when just about every other country in the world is in a trading bloc and will, understandably, be focussing on trade within those blocs to aid recovery.

But we'll have control of those pesky borders.... Oh, hang on, how come countries in the EU closed there borders during the pandemic...?

Awesome....

14. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

The trade negotiations zoom sessions must be great fun right now.

15. adidan

If there were any i'm sure somebody on the UK end will have left them open to the public logging in :happy:

16. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Well-Known Member

17. Nexxo

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Shocker.

19. adidan

#gobsmacked

20. Nexxo