1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Dumb ************s is all I can think.

2. StingLikeABee

StingLikeABee What's a Dremel?

We voted out, the first step to recovery. The stairs may be long but we will reach the top, of that I am sure. We knew there would be a knee jerk reaction from the markets to an out vote, nothing unexpected there.

Yeah the 48% really need to wake up and smell the salts. Shocking behaviour!

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Don't you just love it when after a democratic vote that those that did not get the result they wanted are quick to deride the other side, we had it in spades up here in Scotland after the referendum.

4. StingLikeABee

Sour grapes because they don't like to admit their own beliefs weren't as popular as they imagined!

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Again, I think you need to ask yourself what 'leaving the EU' actually means. What actually was the plan again? You will find out...

Johnson and Gove and 82 other Brexit Tory MPs have already stated that Cameron should stay on. They also stated that the government shouldn't rush into Article 50 but take its time over this.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

6. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Now what will follow will be Scoxit and NIxit. I never thought i will see UK shrink to the size of England and Wales (and some islands).

7. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

There's no point speculating now. You just have to let it unfurl.

8. StingLikeABee

One thing I do know is that the 52% of the British people who turned out to vote stood up yesterday and showed that they no longer want the UK to remain in the EU. Brilliant!

Gunsmith likes this.
  9. faugusztin

You realize with Brexit bunch of companies will have to move out from UK, right (because they used UK as their base of operations for whole EU) ? No more access to the united EU market once you leave EU. Unless you do it in a way Norway does - which means you have to take over all EU regulations anyway, except you have absolutely no say about them whatsoever.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sturgeon will not rush into another referendum no matter what the rhetoric has been up here. She is not ready by any means and still not sure to win.

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

And it also removes the last layer of protection from the lunatics in Westminster.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well, they know what they voted against, eventually they'll find out that they didn't know what they voted for.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I do not know how many times I have heard that companies will leave the UK in their droves in my life time the most memorable when the minimum wage was introduced. Unsurprisingly they did not go.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

No real shock on the result, I did not vote did not here a good argument either way. Pretty much everyone I know voted out though.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Surely we Brexiters are to thick to ever realise anything judging by some of your comments.

16. faugusztin

You realize with UK not being part of EU, those companies will have to create a branch inside EU to even be able to actually provide services in EU, right ? Thus they will have to leave UK, or at least scale back their operations in UK and open another branch in EU.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Anyone got any info on emigrating to an EU member state, like say Ireland?

18. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Knee jerk reaction? Dood you're talking about peoples jobs here, you're talking about the ability of people to pay their bills, to put food on the table.

19. StingLikeABee

You know what Nexxo, maybe if you put as much effort into thinking about how Britain can begin prospering outside of the EU, instead of constantly devoting your efforts into showing why you think it wouldn't, I would find you much less irritating. The vote has been cast, the result is in. We can accept that and try to move forward as a nation or we can wallow in the negativity that has plagued this referendum. We are leaving, we are certain of that so now is the time to find our way and not cast doom and gloom before the process has even begun. We are all scared of change but that shouldn't stop us from seeking change.

Corky less of the dood please, I'm a middle aged man with a family, not some donut from the school yard. You are claiming that the pound devaluing immediately after the referendum demonstrates the long term picture for the UK are you?

20. faugusztin

In general - right now nothing changes. Once UK leaves EU, you will most likely need work visas to work in EU, but if you move there before UK actually leaves you will have no problems getting it because you already work. I also doubt it would be a complicated process for those already living in EU.

Also same will apply to the people from EU already in UK - maybe you will be able to deport few of those unwanted (Roma people who don't work), but it is unlikely you will get rid of all the Eastern/Central European people - simply because they actually work, and they will get their work visas.