1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

With Bozo's kakistocracy in charge, there is no "by and large" about it, they care only about themselves and their friends. Nobody else matters until they want our votes. The minority of Tories who do care, are kept firmly in place on the back benches.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Byron C likes this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I don't just mean this government or any Tory government, I also include previous Labour governments.

South Wales has generally been staunchly Labour since... forever; for 20 years there has been a majority Labour government, or a Labour-led coalition, in Wales. Labour, whether it's Llafur Cymru or the national party, have always been able to count on the South Wales valleys for support. What have we got for such loyalty? Decades of under-investment, under-funding, and desitution. Parts of South Wales have some of the highest levels of socio-economic depravation in the entire UK, and that glorious accolade stretches back long before the 2010 Tory/LibDem coalition. All the Tories had to do was take what was already happening and turn it up to 11.

Through coal, iron, and steel - and quite literally sweat and blood - we helped drive the empire's conquests and riches. In return we were mocked, belittled, ignored, and marginalised by those who profited from our exploitation.

Welsh history basically isn't taught anywhere, not even in Wales (that is changing but those seeds will take time to bear fruit). But the more I learn, the more it makes me absolutely ****ing livid at how this country and its people have been treated throughout history.

Consider the title given to the heir to the throne, the Prince of Wales. Why do we have a Prince of Wales? Well long before we were conquered, the Welsh did indeed use the title Prince of Wales for the one who led the entire country (as opposed to the smaller earlier 'kingdoms'). After Edward I the Longshanks was finished brutally conquering Wales, he invented a whole new means of execution for the son of the previous Welsh Prince of Wales after he rebelled against English conquest using his inherited title. Dafydd ap Gruffydd was hung, drawn, and quartered, and it was the first known instance of that particular punishment ever being used - incidentally, Longshanks also invented the term 'high treason' for Dafydd ap Gruffydd. Edward I installed his own son, Edward II, as Prince of Wales. The title of Prince of Wales was an insult to a defeated and conquered nation: "You want a prince? Here, my son is Prince of Wales, he rules you now". It is an insult from the English crown to the people and country of Wales that has been passed down for 750 years. And we name ****ing pubs and bridges after the ************.

4. Mr_Mistoffelees

I won't claim any government is perfect but, the current one is spectacularly bad.

TomH likes this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Who'd hav funk it?

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Brexit, the eff-up that just keeps on giving...

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I assume that's the same Ciaran the courier that appears on James O'Brian's show occasionally, he was saying exactly this would happen from June 2016 and even before.

Awful, even leaving out the delays to goods and the misery for the drivers, just think of the environmental damage having all those hundreds of lorries sitting around burning diesel...

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I saw was a someone insisting that it was due to them having to show a covid test result. So them having to show a single test result has caused them lots of queues, but all the paperwork that they now have to show to do with their cargo results in none? Hmmmm

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

David likes this.
  12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

The pandemic has cost UK businesses a combined 250bn so far.
    Brexit has cost UK businesses a combined 250bn so far.
    From now on the cost caused by Brexit will rise quicker than the one caused by the pandemic.

That's how I understood that.

13. Nexxo

Pedantry? On the internet? :p

[​IMG]

Byron C likes this.
  14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I never thought I'd see KSI posted here. Back in 2006 we got him banned from the EA sports forums for being an annoying and toxic brat. Now he's worth millions. Life is funny like that.

15. Nexxo

That's nothing. There was this annoying and toxic journalist and politician, and guess how he turned out?

perplekks45 and Byron C like this.
  16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Narrow it down a bit...

adidan likes this.
  17. Gareth Halfacree

adidan likes this.
  18. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

A general rule of thumb nowadays is listen to what this shambles of a government say and then believe the opposite.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Could we maybe get the MPs to drive the lorries and the lorry drivers to run the country? Just for a bit, to see what happens?

adidan likes this.
  20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It suddenly becomes law that we fit those light up signs behind the driver's seat of every car.