1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other E3 2011

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by tennisball, 6 Jun 2011.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Just becasue ME3 supports kinect doesn't mean you HAVE to use it, you know... it's kinda a value add for those that want to use it.

I really don't see what's wrong. MS wants to sell the Kinect, and as such is pimping how it can supplement gaming.

2. Black Tiger

Black Tiger Chineapple Punks

Can't wait for BF3, i'm just gutted that all my mates are COD fanboys and won't look twice as any army type game other than COD

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Yeah I got them mixed up, I was watching quite late so didn't take it all in.
    I'd like to think that there can be some good use for Kinnect, however the space restrictions seem to make it kinda impractical. My brother has a Kinect (I haven't used it yet), his 360 is usually setup in the bedroom, the kinect will not work there due to lack of space, it barely works if he sets it up in his living room (plus all the floor space between the TV and the settee needs to be clear).

The actual gunsmith editing mode I thought was pretty cool, very Minority report. I just didn't like the actual gameplay elements they showed (holding an invisible gun to aim, pulsing hand to shoot). Voice commands (ala ME3 demo) or hand signals to AI team mates however would be very cool.

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Agree on the above.
    The room required by the Kinect is bit much for most houses. My living room has a hard time. On the othe rhand, playing Kinect Adventures with my little brother showed that for multiplayer, less space is not at all fasible.
    For head motion tracking and hand signals (i.e. not full body), it should be able to cope with much less space.

Also, for those that are space restricted and really want kinect, Gizmodo showed a pair of "kinect glasses" the other day that should drastically reduce the space needed for the Kinect. An add-on module for the Kinect device itself, if you will.

Time will tell, I suppose...

5. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I'm guessing they've taken US living rooms as standard, which tend to be a lot bigger. You get the same problem with American speaker design (again, something very room dependent).

6. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Minecraft on xbox!
    Also looking forward to most of the games there, especially BF3, AC:R, Tomb raider

Also, looking forward to the new PSP

7. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Project Cafe, or Wii U is such a letdown.

8. derpooch

derpooch What's a Dremel?

Nintendo. I am disappoint.

9. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

My response to Wii U, is WTF it looks like something Homer Simpson would have designed. :D

It's either going to tank or sell by the bucket load. At the moment I'm guessing the former - but until people get to try it we won't be able to tell.

I hope I'm proven wrong!

10. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I'm not sure the Wii U is actually just a controller, did you notice that the Wii next to the TV looked different to a normal Wii? (I'm pretty sure it did anyway)
    Just having a read through the webs and Kotaku also has pictures of what might be a "base unit" of sorts.

At this point I think it's hard to know as they have described it as a console and a controller, maybe it's one and the same, but I'm going to see what happens next as it still looks interesting.

11. derpooch

derpooch What's a Dremel?

The Wii U is the name of the whole console aimed at 'hardcore gamers' that features a controller that looks awkward to say the least! The Guardian has a nice summary of it (surprisingly). I was just hoping for an end to gimmicks :(

12. DwarfKiller

DwarfKiller What's a Dremel?

After seeing so much AC and ME... I've finally gone and thrown myself into the second in each series. Thoroughly enjoyed the originals. Should tide me over nicley with a fairly short wait after.

13. fev

fev Industry Fallout

I disagree, nothing has impressed. Perhaps it's because I've seen it all #sigh

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I'm with Fev on this one, I've only seen the MS and Sony presentations so far (will watch Nintendos' tonight) but there have been very few games in either presentation which actually stood out as "must get" games.

Hardware wise, the Vito impressed me with the modnation track creation demo and it'll be interesting to see what can be done with the console.
    The Wii U (from the couple of quick videos I saw this morning) also impressed me, and I think the first party tiltles may be really impressive once Nintendo get to grips with it.

Third party games (unless they're Wii U exclusive) will make very little use of the controller (or will only include novelty value - pretty much like Kinnect did in the ME3 demo, reading text to select options which can be done just as easily (or easier) with the controller).

15. Pieface

Pieface Modder

The only thing's that have made me happy is the 3DS line up and seeing a bit more of Battlefield 3. Not much else.