1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA announces Dungeon Keeper MMO

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

Ahhh Dungeon Keeper, Classic...

I'm sure it will make it over to western shores, can't see them ignoring a whole market, I hear them there game publishers like money...

3. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

I can't see it being anything worthy of the originals, but it would still be nice to at least have it released here :(

4. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Lol, milking the old name with some monthly subscriptions. Yerrr.

Still waiting for that 'classic' from Starbreeze to be announced - I hope it is Syndicate, and that it's decent rather than a defamation of the name.

5. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

boooooooooo, They should make a dungeon Keeper 3 instead of this crap!!! :(

6. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

i got really excited... until i read the full title :/

7. naokaji

naokaji whatever

EA and a MMO? Ea the company who believes in releasing unfinished games and the slacking off instead of releasing patches?

sorry, I would not touch a ea mmo, ever.

8. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

"Our partnership with this internationally renowned game developer is proof of our capabilities in game operations and development as well as a reflection of our market reputation..." - Mr. Liu Dejian

Dear Mr. L.Dejian, you're full of ¤&%!. The only proof to be drawn from that is that EA considers you worthy of being the tool for spreading their message. Certainly they wouldn't allow you to do so if there wasn't merit to what you have done or could possibly do, given the chance to milk a ready made franchise. The actual proof of your "capabilities" and yadda-yadda is if you actually make it through the developement process, get the game out and remain a part of EA after that.

On a side note, nothing to be excited about yet, but best of luck for that project.

9. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Way to send my mood up and down in 2 seconds, nice one!

This will be a pile of crap. A poorly implemented, obscure referenced mismatch of a developer who has no idea what DK was all about and the pressure of a big company who cares only about the bottom line.

Give DK back to Molyneux or STFU if you ask me.

10. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I really don't care as long as they develop a DK3 for all the world. And preferably no oriental touches like giant robots, giant swords, no one with white hair, no one with that "cool manga-like atitude" (wich gets on my nerves!!!) and such manga like stupid things.

And Bauul said it all!!!

11. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

DK3 needs to be made.. but on the same lines as DK -- DK2 was rubbish

12. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Oh, hang on. Giant swords.... There's nothing wrong with giant swords. The rest can hang but giant swords.

13. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

Agreed, due to anger induced lack of words....**** EA!!! Go on Bubba, **** EM HARD!!!

14. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

And yet another great game license gets raped to death. Thats a but unkind, it might be good(OH WAIT EA..lol)

I bet peter molenux is crying into his cereal(even if its in a gold bowl). All the great bullfrog games getting whored out to try regain there once greatness. If you cut out the great British humour the games nothing.

Now if we could just have a decent syndicate game. Id be happy

15. Marc5002

Marc5002 What's a Dremel?

WHY wont' they make dungeon keeper 3 ? it being 6 Year I wait that But I know the company bullfrog Died 6 Year ago So it Really LAME I would want a Thrid Dungeon keeper a GAME THAT IS LIKE IT BUT no none EVER DID A copycat of Dungeon keeper not anything similiary WHAT WITH people

16. Greenie

Greenie What's a Dremel?

DK wins, hopefully someone will see that and eventually give us what we want, Not more MMO level grind rubbish.

17. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

The "manga" style is specifically Japanese. It is a Chinese dev creating the MMO, so you won't see any of that in there. I doubt it will be any good though. It seems Chinese and Korean MMO devs usually just recycle the same old MMO formula (usually borrowing heavily from L2) with a new skin.

18. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

I loved dungeon keeper =) they should make DK3.... on the other hand it's EA so they'll screw it up anyway...

19. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

I'd buy a DK3 in a heartbeat, but I don't care much for MMO's (guess I'm too antisocial even for WoW, hehe)
    I still break out DK once a year. And Populous: The Beginning. Actually, P:TB was my first online game experience, and nearly my only. Just proves gameplay is way more important than graphics.

Tags: Add Tags