1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA CEO hates the new E3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Jul 2008.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

E3 was all about hype, and it's difficult to generate that kind of hype with just journalists since all of us are pretty cynical of journos (yes, even you, Joe). The great thing about E3 was that it was accessable, it was legendary and the only thing that stood between any of us and the show was the cost of plane fare. Now, Joe gets to go do something cool, so what? Does it really matter if the eporters get to play with it or if they just get a press release about it? A little, but not the same as if some of the other regular forumites talk about it.

I'm rambling, I know

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

In the business, it matters hugely. Being able to mingle and network face to face and so is crucial and being able to ask questions face to face and see the games all in one place is very good.

That said, I hate E3 too. I'm all for the smaller parties.

3. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

I always thought some day I would get to go to an E3. Oh well. I still remember learning what E3 was back in 99 and reading about the Dreamcast. The first screens of Sonic Adventure and NFL 2k. Good times.

Maybe when E3 tanks next year someone will wake up and do it right. At least lets hope.

4. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

The only thing that generally makes an E3, is when the next-consoles are on the way, and the speculation is laid to rest.... (That and gaming girls)

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

E3 with booth babes is like having the playboy mansion open for public and no one complaining about it.
    E3 without booth babes is like showing a tit for 0.2 seconds during the superbowl and watch 40 million Americans get 'shocked'

6. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

The new E3 sucks! I remember when I was a kid hoping that someday I could go and have a blast, but with this new BS E3, not only do I not have the desire to go, but I couldn't even if I wanted to. E3 needs to be revived.

Tags: Add Tags