1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA confirms 2011 launch for The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Jul 2011.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

depends on your funds i guess if your a kid then i guess £130 seems insane amount for 1 game

i personally brought digital deluxe from origin as i cba with the extras even though the shop might of been good.

And the fact game is only uk seller of collecters edition is another issue for me as i refuse to buy from there store

2. Lsane

Lsane What's a Dremel?

Personally I will be buying the Standard game. And that's probably more than I wish to spend on a new game these days.

I think if the subscription is more than WoW's monthly (or various sub options) then I'll just drift back to WoW.

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Apparently the Collector's Editions weren't sold out in Game.

Also, i made a mistake and it was the Origin Collector's and Digital Deluxe Editions that sold out within a few hours. Amazon and other places apparently still have stock (although Amazon did briefly sell out, before they reallocated stock to them).

Anyhow, it's back up now.

4. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Ha ha ha! Damn right I'd say the same. And I'd be right too! If you buy the £130 version, the game itself didnt cost more to make, it isnt any better quality with better coding or graphical qualities, all it really has is some cheap taiwanese or chinese made tat that has increased the box price by nearly a hundred pounds, because it's Star Wars, and some people out there will be so busy clutching their private parts in delight they will spend an obscene amount of money on something that simply doesnt justify such a high price tag...

When it comes out, I shall not be holding my private parts and spending £130, but spending £30 and using the rest so someone else can hold my private parts! :hehe:

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I was pretty disappointed with the selection of editions on offer. The CE was lovely, but I can't justify spending that much on a game. Not to mention I just can't afford it right now. The digital deluxe was just right in terms of extras, BUT it is digital. I want a physical copy. So I get the standard edition.Yet even though it is a pre-order I miss out on the extras in the online edition. Seems off to me. Pre-ordering should entitle you to extras like the 2 following examples.

Pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 - Got upgraded to Signature Edition.

Pre-ordered The Witcher 2 - Got upgraded to Premium Edition.

Pre-ordered SW: TOR - Got Standard Edition with a colour crystal..... What the hell is that all about? It must be EA pushing their crappy Origin. I don't believe they would just forget to thank the pre-order crowd. A poxy crystal is waaay stingy. Anyways I needed to moan, I'm good now..:lol:

6. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Well.... preordering does get you early access :p.

Some would call that quite a nice bonus.

I do agree that i'd prefer a boxed edition as well... especially since you can register it with Origin anyways (like Steam... but optional).

7. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I ain't had my code. I pre-ordered the same day they released info. No early access code so far. So kind of a sore subject.

I don't think it is much of a bonus to be honest anyway. So I can create my character a few days/a week before everyone else? Big woop lol.

8. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Lost interest. I won't be a true MMO and it won't be better than SWG. End.

Tags: Add Tags