1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA confirms Crysis 3 for 2013

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 17 Apr 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Still yet to play through Crysis 2, it just doesn't hold the same appeal as the original game and the fact that PC wasn't lead platform meant it felt like another poorly executed console port.

Will EA push for Crytek to make the PC lead platform like Dice did for BF3?

3. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Don't forget that PCs were the lead platform until they (DICE/EA) switched to the PS3.

I was slightly disappointed with Crysis and Warhead which is why I haven't purchased 2. Maybe when it's cheap I'll pick it up. The screenshots I've seen look like an artist's rendition to me.

Last edited: 2 May 2012
  4. pucpop

pucpop What's a Dremel?

Crysis 2 is amazing, I loved every moment. Still the best looking game.

5. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Assume this will require Origin, rather than an option.

Interest lost.

6. Shayper09

Shayper09 Swimming in Deionized.

Why? ^

7. Disposeablehero

Disposeablehero What's a Dremel?

It didn't even look as good as crysis 2, or a plethora of other games, it was very watered down graphically. Heck even Ps3 games like Uncharted looked better. Game was massive fail in every way.

8. Disposeablehero

Disposeablehero What's a Dremel?

It didn't look half as good as crysis 1, nor a plethora of other games. Heck it was massive fail in every way.

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

EA: OK guys Crysis 2 didn't do as well as we hoped

YERLI: Well consoles are holding things back too much, the original crysis....

EA: Perfect, lets reuse everything from the second game....only add a jungle theme from the first one to it

YERLY: What, no, why, how?

EA: Never mind that, we could get north korea to invade as well and unknown to everyone there is a doment alien you have to capture.

YERLY: I'm phoning nanosuitninja.......................

10. mighty_pirate

mighty_pirate What's a Dremel?

Crysis 2 was very pretty, shame the graphics upgrade came a month after launch, but that's no longer that relevant. Some decent gameplay moments in there too in places.
    My beef with it was that the story made no sense in relation to the first game. It was like a reboot & unfortunately I also liked the atmosphere & alien design of the first one better. So my feelings towards 2 were kind of ruined. Since 3 is continuing in that (as far as I'm concerned) inferior canon, I doubt I'm going to be interested.

11. feedayeen

feedayeen What's a Dremel?

For me, it's because Origin isn't a competitor to Steam. Until major titles exist on both platforms, you simply have 2 monopolies in the same market.

Downsides are:
    There is no price advantage since you can not buy a product at a competing store
    It's always on, just like Steam and Impusle, just hogging a few resources
    It's another account I need to manage, and this one is tied to my banking information too
    It encourages fragmentation in digital distribution which is the only industry keeping PC gaming alive, the potential end result is that every single major studio will attempt to create their own 'competitor' to distribute their games.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

good joke there.

13. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

More Tara Strickland in Directx11 please. Thank you!!!

14. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Oh gosh here come all the cynics, when they haven't even shown any gameplay yet. Quit your bitchin, honestly. Yes, Crysis 2 wasn't nearly as good a game as C1, but C1 set the bar way too high to beat and C2 is still a decent game compared to most shooters anyway.

15. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Agreed, I didn't even bother to finish it thought it was boring myself.

16. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Got BF3 for £25 at play, mucho cheaper.

Agree with the rest, except you can leave origin off until you want to play BF3. Shame it has to on during the game, all my server connection issues are due to Origin. Also narked that every time I launch it get a pop up add for some crap game.

17. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

They could've said this about any of them games. That to me just says it is a rehash without originality, not interested.

Sent from Bittech Android app

18. Donteatmypanda

Donteatmypanda What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to seeing what crytek do next with no 3- my hopes are for larger play environments with less spoon fed mid level story like in crysis 1 (the degree in which you were able to veer from the path impressed)

Agree with other posters comments in that crysis 1 set the industry gaming experience/visulas bar so high in 2007 (mainly because the tech required to enjoy max settings didnt exist yet :) with some of the cryengine 2 features - (smooth character animations /large play environments/ realtime physics rather than set piece events /post processing motion blur and so on) it makes it easy to notice when these features are streamlined or out right removed (hence crysis 2 back lash)

Also the new bow sounds like fun to me. Please crytek sort out the AI this time around though because seeing the beautiful game characters walk into the walls was just poo.

Tags: Add Tags