1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EA Download Manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluespider42, 22 Apr 2011.

1. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

There are some reasonable offers on the EA website and I'm tempted by NFS Shift2 for £17.49. It lloks like I'll need to use EA's own software to download it. I've not bought anything from the EA store before so don't know how it works. Once the game is downloaded can I remove the software or do I need to be logged in like Steam?

Last edited: 22 Apr 2011
  2. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

I only have one game in EA Download Manager (Burnout Paradise) but the game loaded fine when I had the EA client closed and directly executed burnoutparadise.exe when I tried.

3. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Can you uninstall the ea software or does it have to run as a service or something?

4. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Hey nope you dont need it running as a service, just download and install and forget about the EA download manager, just tried it with my copy of ME2 and it runs fine without the download manager running

If you dont know theres a 50% off sale on atm.

5. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

50% off is worth while. But getting 2for1 AND 50% off !! I thought getting Dragon Age II and Mass Effect II for £17 was worth the risk of EA's dl management system. Good to know that it can be removed after. Not so bothered about DAII but for little over £8 I'm not complaining even if it only keeps my attention for a few hours. MEII though I'm really looking forward to :)

now if only my crappy d/l speed was >200kbs....

6. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

dragon age 2 is only £12.99 at play and you get mass effect 2 if you redeem in time, but mite not be here for a while

7. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

nice deal! Even my crappy d/l speed is faster than Play's delivery though ;-)

8. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Thanks for that - the 50% sale is what prompted this enquiry!

9. Chuwero

Chuwero What's a Dremel?

I signed up and used it for he first time this weekend due to the sale! I was pleasantly surprised. Fairly smooth and intuitive. Not clunky like for some reason I expected. Crysis 2 for 17 notes and bad company 2+Vietnam for 15!