1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA: 'PC could be our biggest platform'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Mar 2011.

1. erratum1

erratum1 New Member

It seems to me the best time to be a pc gamer is in the last few years of a consoles life, then the new gen of consoles is released and the pc is forgotten again and so it continues.

2. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

could you be more off topic? lol..

good to hear EA are seeing the light RE: Console vs PC. Consoles are too far behind these days tech wise. DX11 needs more titles!

3. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Well thats nothing but good news when all companies seem talk about is the death of PC platform.

4. PQuiff

PQuiff New Member

EA's no longer the baddie? Daaaaammmm time are a changing. If BF3 is as good as i hope, i may become a EA fanboye.

Im a bit perplexed as i to am far to cheap to pay for micro transactions. Ive played the bf2 browser game and was not impressed. Still if they can make more money and deliver good quality and value, more power to em.

5. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Well considering Onlive is growing and that it is basically a super PC doing all the heavy lifting, soon designing for consoles will be a waste of time. I still think that onlive is a rival to consoles, as I've said before the solution depends on broadband speeds. Since PC hardware is always improving and if developers design for onlive, I don't see why PC users won't benifit from Onlives success. Fast enough Broadband speeds with "unlimited" data plans is gonna prevent onlive from overtaking PC in terms of quality and even if broadband speeds increase enough, chances are more people will start streaming TV, using video phones or even find other uses for high speed connections. So easy to think that if we had only a slight bit more speed we wouldn't need much more but when it becomes avaible someone will put it to use and fairly quickly.

6. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

EA: 'PC could be our biggest platform'
    Kosch: 'Everyone needs oxygen to live!'

Tags: Add Tags