1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA releases Crysis 3 system requirements

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 3 Dec 2012.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Having played the Alpha I have, to say the level of detail and graphical quality is miles ahead of anything that is on the market at the moment including Far Cry 3 which is quite good.

I am really looking forward to playing Crysis 3, mainly for the Singleplayer as that is what I generally buy them for but hopefully the multiplayer in this one is not as bad as it was in Crysis 2.

2. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

man after my own heart... im old school gamer and only play single player and slowly dying with the lack of single player substance in most games, ala COD, etc... im glad its great graphics...only multiplayer i play is starcraft 2 and my first ever mmo three days ago, planetside2...

3. blacko

blacko What's a Dremel?

wonder if they'll do a port for the raspberry PI.

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

At least, unlike most games these days, it isn't being developed for the Pi and then badly ported to PC months later :rolleyes:

5. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Lol I am a old school gamer 17 years and counting.

I do prefer Multiplayer but, I love playing the singleplayer sides of games before trying the multiplayer.

I am just hoping the singleplayer side of this game is longer than Crysis 1 and 2 and other games, sick and tired of finishing most games in less than 4 hours.

7. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

I feel your pain bro, being a gamer for 18 years myself (started on Solitaire at 3...) and then played so many shareware demos that were longer than many modern games!

Crytek games I've found to be a good timesink, as have the Bioshock, Borderlands, Diablo, Torchlight and a few other series. And I'm a racing enthusiast, so racing games get a good amount of replayability for me by design... and then you have CoD...

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

IMO there's an equal amount of quality singleplayer games coming out. Maybe not with AAA titles, but they are certainly out there.

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

So true, I started gaming when I was 10 years old on the pc though possibly younger as it's been that long but I know one of the 1st games I played involved a tape machine connected to the pc.

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Lol I started gaming when I was -1 :lol:

11. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

Still think my I7 930 won't struggle to much at ultra

12. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

They can do things like have super water cooled 5ghz+ overclocks and then use 2 or 4 top end graphics cards. Expensive but it's a good simulation of what will be normal high end a year or so later. They also know more than us about what to expect in the future because nVidia and Intel fill them in on what's what.

Hahah

13. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

hi res textures and full DX11 feature set from the get go - GTX 680 and 7970 owners will be crying :D

14. nightblade628

nightblade628 Minimodder

Just to throw in my 2 cents, I'm playing Far Cry 3 with an i5-760, 4GB RAM and a stock 670 with every setting as high as it will go, apart from MSAA at 2x and V-Sync off in the game but enabled through drivers, and the game only dips below 60fps in heavily populated areas. The Beta drivers released yesterday were a godsend and really did increase performance dramatically.

That said, enabling V-sync in the game menu instead seems to literally halve my framerates. So, for now, it stays off. (also, it's in DX11 mode but run through the normal fc3.exe file, so I may only be getting DX9)