Xbox 360 EA RIPOFF

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ohwell, 6 Mar 2011.

?

Do you AGREE with having to pay AGAIN to play games ONLINE?

Poll closed 5 May 2011.
  1. NO they can b*****s

16.7%
  2. YES, let me f****e them

2.4%
  3. EA can GET STUFFED

7.1%
  4. YAY go ea.

73.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Lmao....This thread suddenly became full of WIN!

2. Omoobhs

Omoobhs One giant fsb hole

Apologies, fixed!

[​IMG]
    Kitten Facepalm!

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

While the OP is clearly just ranting, I actually agree with what he's saying. Its ridiculous to have to pay more to play the MP portion of a second hand game! Things have been bought and sold second hand since time began, and in no other industry does the original seller get any extra money.

Still, on the flipside, it drives developers towards Steam and PC, because something bought on Steam has absolutely no resale value.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

If you don't agree with it, don't buy the game. It is not like information about one time online code is hidden somewhere deep inside a wall o'text... Hell, it was talked all over the internet when Mass Effect 2 came out.

5. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I came to read about the ripoff, and stayed for the cats.

Seriously though, I don't think it's unreasonable for second-hand games to require a bit of cash to get the multiplayer part going again. After all, the servers etc. for console games are all run by the company who made the game, or Microsoft/Sony, and there is inherent upkeep in that.

On PC, we've had to get used to one-time activations for a while now.

Also, OP, your style of writing made my eyes bleed. So many capitals? I can understand you'd be worked up, but it makes you look like a barely literate child, and at no point did you back down to their remarkably polite emails.

6. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Also, congratulations for giving those hell of a bad time who have the least to say in such a matter. :rolleyes:

7. 27trowels

27trowels What's a Dremel?

OP is winning the internet right now! lol. Nice that EA offered discount code after only couple of emails.

8. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

lol you think EA give a single **** if you tell your MP:D:D you a funny guy. You think you can threaten some sap in customer service? trust me, he couldnt care less

They sorted you out which they didnt need to do and you kept bitching, personally I would have stopped responding to you at that stage

Love the cap locks, makes you seem so immature

Where is "OP is a spanner" option in the poll?

I think its totally reasonable to pay to play a used game online, i did it with bad company 2

Last edited: 27 Mar 2011
  9. ohwell

ohwell What's a Dremel?

The statement about the code on the back is not that big, it might be bold, but it's a lot smaller than than the default on the pc, as for shouting at the support staff, they NEVEr answered ANY of my questions. :nono:

Sorry about the math, my calculator wasn't working.:wallbash:

It's not my responsibility to make money out of suckers, like I said in my original post, if people (suckers) want extras buy them.:duh:

My grandson is TEN, he hasn't got the kind of money to buy stuff like that, How many sites? Don't know. Will I come back Yes.:jawdrop:

10. ohwell

ohwell What's a Dremel?

At least I can spell phazed:rock:

I did, nowhere does it say that the code is for online only.:worried:

sucker:duh::duh::duh::duh:

is your proper name Homer

11. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Welcome to every PC game for the last 10 years. If you want to play online buy the game. In fact this is better than PC games since you just have to buy < $10 pass code.

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Awww, Kitenz!!

INB4 LOCK! I actually thought this was a spam bot...

13. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

The fact is you're a grandfather which makes it worse and you're having a rant at EA at which is honestly the most easiest question ever....Its more like you think people with a pirate game are going to have that online pass? Hmmm?

And just seen that someone said 2nd hand games need it which I totally forgot XD....I also thought shops aren't supposed to take games like that in either?

ANDDDD AWWWWW LOOOOK AT THE KITTYCAT!

14. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

tl;dr.

Honestly... it's EA, get over it.

15. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

Yeah but this time its not. Its him. Kill HIM with fire :D

16. wiggles

wiggles Minimodder

When did this thread become so me-me-me?

Why are people ganging up on someone who is disgruntled at the way he has been treated by a company and came looking for support?

Just because a company has put something on the box doesn't make it "right".

Interesting to see what some of the bit-tech community is made of.

/generic detracting statement about kittens to try and draw attention to myself at the expense of someone else mememememe.

17. Agent_M

Agent_M Minimodder

why is he complaining though? he got a discount code and a free pass for the multiplayer portion from EA but still ranted at customer support techs who don't know why EA have decided to charge people, they just work for them.

also cats! ^^

18. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I might be unfamiliar with this term, but if i understand it right, then i'd say it started off that way.
    Because, bluntly put, OP was being an *******. As you may have noticed, we generally didn't appreciate his behavior and i do believe most posters explained their reason for it.
    Support basically kissed his *** despite his attitude.
    Support in harassing EA for... yeah he didn't exactly specify what he wants from EA now. He basically just came here to try and give them a bad rep.

What it does, is it lets the customer know, and if they think it's wrong, they shouldn't buy it to begin with.

Funny how you go all judgemental because our oppinion differs from yours.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2011
  19. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Came looking for support? This isn't a therapy forum where we all come for "support" and a cuddle. If your being a retard and START a thread specifically looking for others to say how right you are, you going to get told.

20. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

OP's lack of knowledge of EA's online registration system, which has been well documented on this site as part of EA's project 10 dollar is no need for (1) his 1-man crusade against EA or (2) the forums good natured, but still unnecessary mockery.

Whether you agree with EA's online multiplayer registration or not, this is nothing but a /rant thread. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.