1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA Sports to abandon physical media on PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 May 2009.

1. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I bought C&C3 tried to download it from EA Download Manager... and... It says the game is not avaiable in my country... lol... I payed, and I don't get the money or the game... That's why I like Steam and don't like EADM...

2. badgerz

badgerz What's a Dremel?

Does this mean the EA download manager will be in a fully working state? that itself is surely news worthy.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

QFT

I never did like sports games on console or PC. Good thing it's only for the sports gams

4. EvilRusk

EvilRusk What's a Dremel?

EA don't publish anything worth playing these days so it's not really that big a deal.

5. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

Well my gaming PC is not attached to the net, and never will be. I already can't buy games that need net activation, so if this goes ahead I won't be able to get those games at all.

How long after this do you think it will be before EA drop physical media on all games?

6. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

A PC is more or less useless without a net connection these days. I was without net connection for a couple hours the other day (ISP screw-up) and I just couldn't be arsed to sit with the computer (nothing to do without net) so I switched on the telly in the living room and kicked back in the couch for a while instead.

7. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

NHL 09 was awesome, no matter what anyone says, one of the best most realistic sports sims ever. The ignorance for sports games is pretty high on here.

No Internet? Is this 95? lol

8. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

Steam sucks. It's slow, does not allow you to install games in alternate locations, and has a poorly designed UI, as just a few points it fails in.

9. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

Of course, the EA downloader also sucks. Probably worse than Steam. But since I haven't been tempted to buy any EA games for years (except for Mirrors Edge) this isn't a major hardhip for me.

10. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Guess I won't be playing any new EA games then, not with the 576 kbps I receive though BT's antiquated wires at least. Then again, would i buy a f*ck witted EA console port anyway, probably not. Most recent EA game I enjoyed was NFS Porsche 2000.

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

As long as you can buy the games, download them and play them it is still the best digital distribution system out there though, as the others can't even deliver that.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

They've butchered the last 5-6 versions of NHL on the PC. Before this year it was impossible to use a decent controller with an NHL game, even the 360 one. I mean , what the hell ?

13. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Yeah for ignorance, you can install as many palces as you wish. Slow? Yeah, on a commodore 64 maybe, time for a Pc check there buddy. You fail witht his Bs post.

14. Aragon Speed

Aragon Speed Busily modding X3: Terran Conflict

No, I have a net connection, just not on my gaming machine. I do a lot of development work on it as well and so I minimise the chances of malware/viruses sneaking in by not having it connected.

Tags: Add Tags