1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Source EAC Compression settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by Booga, 15 Aug 2012.

1. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Right, I have just started using this along with the LAME.exe to rip my CD's after I found out I can no longer use Media Monkey (free version) as the trial had run out.

After some fiddling with my file names settings I have managed to get it to rip a cd, unfotunately without any tag data.

The guide I was using was a little out of date and the codes for the tags seemed to have changed over recent versions.

Additional command line options:
    -V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tg "%m" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

The above was what is suggested in the guide.
    Below is what I have managed to convert to the new format, but I am a little short.

-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --ignore-tag-errors --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%m" --tl "%g" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr2%" %s %albumartist%

What is %m, %g & %s?

My guess is %g is genre so it looks like there could be a nistake in the original code becuse logic would suggest that --tg should be "%g" as tg would be track genre and --tl should be "%m" as tl would be track length with the m meaning minutes.

Is there a library for the tag codes, that you need to use for the additional command line options and file names?

Last edited: 15 Aug 2012
  2. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?