1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Eames lounge chair - Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mars, 3 Apr 2012.

1. Mars

Mars Minimodder

Hey all,

I am looking to buy an Eames style lounge chair as a treat to myself .

Cant afford an original so looking at a replica but I am a little unsure of who to buy from as there are so many sellers on ebay etc.

I have found this one through google :

http://www.interioricons.com/product.php?id=CH4

Looks fantastic and the seller has a good rating on trust pilot.

Has anyone bought one of these - from these guys or anyone else ?

Any recommendations or anything to look out for ?

Ta for any help !

Mars

Last edited: 3 Apr 2012
  2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

3. Mars

Mars Minimodder

Sat in a friends one he got from Milan Direct and as you say it is very firm which I wasnt too keen on.

The one I linked above has full leather cover and piping and they are offering a 14 day money back guarantee and are offering to cover all costs for carriage if I dont like it.

Thats reassuring when everyone else I asked similar questions wanted to charge me all of the carriage !

How would you rate the overall quality of your chair ?

Mars

4. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I would say the quality is good, certainly comparable to another piece of furniture at the same price point. I would certainly rate it higher than anything I have bought from DFS or IKEA and would say it's equal to the furniture we purchased from M&S.

The main issue I had was being in NE Scotland was the complete lack of places to actually try one before I bought it. Any places that did stock it carried the re-issued original at full price.

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Ah I really want one of these chairs. I was going to buy a replica but decided to wait and save for the real deal, which will take pride of place in my den when I have it :D

I found Heals do the best price on the original - although it's still very high.

6. Mars

Mars Minimodder

fod - I would love an original but no way I can justify spending that much - also I have a 3 year old daughter and it would stress me to the max having to chase her off it all the time !

Bit the bullet and bought from Interior Icons as per my first post.

What clinched it was that they could supply photos of a couple of chairs side by side and I could choose which I wanted - as the veneer is obviously natural there is some variation in the wood grain and I wanted to buy one with a lighter rosewood finish

They also offered to collect at their cost and fully refund me (including postage) if I was not happy !

Having it delivered this week so will let you know how I get on :thumb:

7. Mars

Mars Minimodder

Forgot to reply to this !

Bought the chair in April and they included Saturday delivery for free so no need to take time off work !

It arrived in a massive box as it was mostly all assembled - I only had to bolt the chair base on with four bolts.

Fantastic chair and great quality - could not ask for any better unless I was buying an original :)

Quality compared to my friends from Milan Direct is like Night and Day - this just feels so much nicer and looks better too !

Over 3 months down the line and I am still extremely pleased with this :D

Mars

8. FinnishGuy

FinnishGuy What's a Dremel?

Hey, found this thread searching for an answer to the exact same dilemma: where to buy eaman lounge replica from.

So, its been another couple of months, hows the chair holding? Leather and the frame in particular?

Thanks!

9. Mars

Mars Minimodder

Sorry ! Never saw your reply !

Leather has came up nicely - looks a bit shinier than when it was new but that gives it the vintage aged look you see on the vintage originals.

Frame is still solid - there has always been a bit of spring to it when you sit on it but nothing is loose.

Very happy with my purchase overall :)

Mars