1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Ebuyer Misleading Customers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Parge, 9 Dec 2011.

1. SleepyMatt

SleepyMatt What's a Dremel?

I'd have to take issue with that - I recently RMA'd a PSU from Ebuyer, and had a replacement well within the 3-5 days they had estimated it could take to get processed, at no cost to me. I was very happy with their service.

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

Almost as under rated as good Headphones.

(Happy new owner of a set of AKG 271 MKII)

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

One has to wonder if Ebuyer were indeed filtering out reviews such as these. Afterall, the chances of low rating reviews being "useless" is far higher than for higher rating reviews. Without having the blocked reviews visible it's impossible for a customer to decide for themselves whether Ebuyer really were acting in their best interest or not.

My favorite are the reviews that knock DOA products without even trying to RMA them.

4. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Yes, overclockers did not put my negative but reasoned review on their site. Only left on favourable reviews.

Just goes to show can't trust them.

Only site I have more faith in is Amazon as they allow negative reviews.

5. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

This

6. boltonuk007

boltonuk007 What's a Dremel?

at the end of the day they can pick and choose what reviews they keep on their sites, or in some cases just post their own.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Never had a problem with ebuyer. Never gone by user reviews to base my decision either.

Mind you, tis a tad naughty.

8. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Yeah I'm disappointed in them for this, but in the past I've definitely seen negative reviews so the filtering business must have started quite recently.

Since I buy branded stuff now I no longer have to rely on customer reviews because there is much more in-depth and reliable info on forums like this... no marketing or sales agenda.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Same here, I've often seen negative reviews. Usually people complaining about unrealistic things but negative nonetheless.

10. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

For those complaining about the delivery charge I've found that their prices make up for it.either way being from northen Ireland I've to pay delivery with whoever I go with. ebuyer have always delivered faster than scan and overclockers (who screw up the order most of the time). To be fair I've never used ccl for anything. Due to delivery I tend to try and group orders.the last few times ebuyer has either been cheaper overall and just the sheer speed of their delivery.

11. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

I loved aria but they seems to have stripped down their stock list recently, Scan's customer service I'm not a huge fan of but their prices are good and free delivery can't argue. I will sayt hough i NEVER get a item if it's pre-order with scan done it 3 times and 3 times the item has been over a month late in the fist case i ended up cancelling the order and going elsewhere. Could just be me though.

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Their delivery is a con. Pay for next day or wait a few days for free delivery. They wait a few days and send it next day delivery anyway.

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

The biggest bonus to Ebuyer is you can order up to 10 (or is it 11)PM and receive your item the next day. This also applies to Saturday deliveries but the cut off time is 7pm on a Friday.

The likes of Scan, Overclockers, Aria, Dabs et all really need to pull their finger out on this.

14. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I've invited Ebuyer to comment on this.