1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware ECS H110S-2P Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 28 Sep 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Staff Administrator

2. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Well-Known Member

50% recommended?!?

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

The percentages don't mean anything. You shouldn't even see the percentages anymore.

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Well-Known Member

That battery wire though!

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Mini-STX is such a missed opportunity: add a right-angle PCIe slot to the edge, or an MXM slot, and you have the basis for a tiny but extremely powerful PC. Once you add an m.2-PCIe converted and PCIe flex riser onto the board, you lose any size advantage over ITX.

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Staff

Certainly an interesting product, but I don't really see the gleaming benefits over say an ITX board. Sure it's smaller, but not by a huge margin, and it's largely undone by the cooler. A tiny one like the L9i gives the same vertical clearance in this board as an ITX one, so not all the dimensions are really reduced much.

I think I'd be more interested in ITX boards that use laptop memory to gain space on the PCB, perhaps even using a slim socket design for more room. It would be so cool to have extra M.2 connectors etc. on an ITX board. I love the idea of being able to cram up to 4TB of NVMe SSD on an ITX form factor (sorry wallet). That's mental to me.

Would have been cool had they placed maybe a 4x small slot on the board for sound cards or PCIe storage or something.

7. Taua

Taua Member

Seems like an utterly pointless form factor, a tad smaller than ITX and loses the ability to use desktop RAM and a Graphics/raid/fancy sound card/etc. More powerful CPUs compatability than NUC footprint...oh well, it's more options.

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Member

Can't it function as a streaming box for GameStream?

And also, is there any reason why a PCI socket can't be condensed into a cable with an alternative end-plug, rather than a ribbon? A bit like the old IDE cables did (although I do realise they had the same large connector both ends).

Tags: Add Tags