1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Ef*Bay

Discussion in 'General' started by Arboreal, 17 Jun 2017.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Just lost an item on ebay because the bidder didn't accept bids with buyers with PayPal accounts not linked to their ebay a/c.

Never seen that before; I'm speechless :miffed:

I unlinked my PayPal a/c as it automatically paid for something using my work debit card that should have gone on my own one. It seemed to have set up some sort of unknown default...Grrr

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Surely it is a simple process to change default payment card. I have two cards linked to my PP account with the debit being the default card and credit as back up?

3. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I always tick that box when I'm selling stuff, because I figure if you've not got your paypal set up for ebay your not a serious buyer. It may occasionaly have the unintended result of blocking a genuine buyer but if it filters out some time wasters than I'm okay with that.

(I don't however tick the one about having a payment card connected as I personally often don't have an up to date card connected as I usually keep a small balance from the stuff I sell so don't need to).

4. Arboreal

Interesting to know thanks, I hadn't spotted that box.

I used my work card for a one off purchase, whereas it normally takes from PP balance or my own bank account.
    What irks me is that the next thing I bought went straight to the work card without a choice of payment source (or confirmation of how I wanted to pay), which I have never seen before.

I think it was an ebay thing not a paypal thing, because direct paypal has more control

So, in my frustration, I unlinked Ebay / Paypal.

Looks like I will have to link it again, making sure the work card is definitely off the scene.

5. Xir

Xir Modder

...I don't use PP, simple as that :D

6. Arboreal

Thanks Xir :p. Trouble is, the B*****ds at ebay have you tied in to PP one way or another

7. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Mine isn't tied either so occasionally I can'd bid either. It's a shame and the first time I had the same reaction as you, but I guess sellers prerogative.

8. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I've not linked my accounts either. Don't see the point and its never been a problem *knocks on wood*