1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Eheim 1048 Help please...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cr!ppl3d, 9 Dec 2002.

1. Cr!ppl3d

Cr!ppl3d What's a Dremel?

Is there anyway to use my Eheim 1048 WITHOUT using the mini-rad that came with it.

It's not too easy for me to get to my local shop from where I bought my Innovatech WC kit (see the login name) but they allegedly sell them (Straight Pump / Res Connector (Plastic) )...

I've ordered one before but it didn't fit - maybe it was for a 1046? My partner went in today (with pump and non-fitting connecter) for me and she was told that I DO need to use my mini-rad... but in an email from them I was told

Can anyone help? I neeeeed to get my first watercooling rig up and am being told duff gen. I know that I'm an FNG (Flipping New Guy - same as a nooobie) to watercooling, but why am I told this rubbish. I know it can be done, can someone give me some help - a linkie or two wouldn't go amiss.

Thanks

</hacked_off>

2. Coolrunnin

Coolrunnin What's a Dremel?

Hi,

By the term 'mini-rad' i presume you actually mean the mini-res which sits on the pump intake. You will just need to find a hosebarb to fit in the intake instead of the airtrap. The adaptor and barbs at the link you provided will work but if you want a one piece solution Thorite will be able to help. IIRC the 1048 has 3/8BSP threads on the inlet and outlet but don't quote me on it.

You don't absolutely need the res but using it will simplify bleeding the system of air and filling the system a little. To run a truely closed loop is a pain due to maintenance and air bleeding difficulties. You are better having some kind of airtrap in the loop. A t-piece airtrap will work and is extremly cheap and more compact than the innovatech offering :)

Tags: