1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Eizo 'gaming' monitors. Any good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kissinger, 7 Oct 2013.

1. kissinger

kissinger Minimodder

I'm thinking of buying one of these. In particular the Foris FS2331. It's a 23" 16:9 PVA. I've never owned an Eizo before but I've heard nothing but good things.

However, I'm wondering, are it's 'gaming' monitors an inferior version of the regular Eizos?

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

they're not a inferior version of their pro-grade monitors, they use different panels and etc

gaming monitors don't need color accuracy, they need low latency+input lag and high refresh rates

i'm sure it's a fine monitor, as long as the price/specs are in line (or acceptably higher) with competing asus/benq/whoevergaming monitors there's no problem. eizo has good products

though... personally, given that many of these gaming monitors share the same panels and i'm not anal about color accuracy or OSDs, i'd just go with the best looking one of the bunch (which seems to be eizo given my quick search for various models of gaming monitors)

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

They're actually fantastic. I'd say the FS2333 is worth a buy. Of course the FS2332 and the FS2331 have a few weird problems, but that Eizo FS2333 is absolutely gorgeous.

Plus the input lag is almost none. It's impressive.