1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election 2004!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by MrBurritoMan, 4 Sep 2004.

?

Who do you support?

1. President George W Bush

36 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Senator John Kerry

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Another Person

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No-one

21 vote(s)
    23.1%
  6. Not gonna say

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

Ok for all of us in the USA it is election year once again and time for the Republican and Democratic parties to lock horns. for those of you who are not living in the US your oppinion is still VERY important as we are all living in the same world. i am not ashamed to say that i support President Bushbecause of the majority of good things that he does. i am republican and can swing to the other side if i so choose, so don't try and "change" or "convert" me.

this quote comes from another forum that i posted in in a reply to another persons attempt to bash President Bush's speech. you can read the origonal post here:
    clicky, clicky

now it is your turn to post your oppinion and stick to your own guns. i would ask you to please DO NOT FIGHT OVER STUFF. only serious and reasonable discussion please. if i have said anything that offends anyone i am sorry to have offended you but i am not looking out for everyones toes. :D

2. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

I don't think it will greatly matter who people vote for, it will just be rigged to make sure G W Bush wins.

3. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

from what i have heard of the last election i am inclined to agree. If i were american, i wouldnt vote for bush for the same reason i wont vote for blair. They went to war with a good reason (to rid iraw of saddam) and they made up a lame ass excuse. Also, Bush has this nasty abortion policy doesnt he ? Wehere there fully illegal. Thats just bad, and will cause alot more problems than it solves (back to back alley aboritions by undertrained or failed doctors, causing more damage to the woman!). Imho, a womans body is her own! :)

However, George Bush does make HILARIOUS Speeches! :p

Bring Back Clinton!

4. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

I find it funny that that people who dont get a say in the election and dont live in the US can judje. I cant belive people belive everything the media spits by them.

I personaly will vote for Bush and I belive the choice he made to go to war was just. If you disagree its fine with me. I also dont like the two faced behavior of the democratic candidate. He changed his mind about 30 diferent times during the campaign. I would not trust a two faced man. Bush may not be the sharpest nedle in the stack but I think he is doing a good job. The part about bush being anti abortionist, he will not be able to pass a bill making it ilegal anyway because the country wont stand for it. I also dont like the dirt slinging the democrats heve been doing. They refuse to conduct a campaig thats civilised and not like a pack of dogs.

Just my feelings, Like/dislike its your opinion. I am also a person that is very heard headed so I dont need convicing on any political matter. So plese dont reply to my post unless you have something constructive to say.

ta

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well its an election that directly affects my life and everyones in the UK, yet, we dont get a vote.

All hail the wonders of world democracy :rolleyes: /sarc

6. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

Edited the poll a little.

Added more options, since the issue isn't just Bush vs Kerry, especially for alot of Europeans and other non-american citizens.

Personally, I think they're both about as bad as each other. I'm as qualified to pass judgement on this one as the rest of the world is, we do after all only see a modicum of truth. The "conventions" being a perfect example of this victory of propaganda over truth.

7. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

I refuse to vote for someone who whined and moaned his way into a purple heart and out of the army.

In my opinion, Kerry is not strong enough to be a president. He's fake enough to be a politician. Kerry has been aiming at polls for the past 4 years. Bush has been taking care of business. Whether you agree with Bush's business or not is your thing, but I do agree with him. He may be a little extreme with some things, but that's why there are democrats in the senate. An all-out abortion ban will not happen. But I believe it is fair that at least one parent should know.
    The economy isn't plummeting the way it was after Clinton left. Gas prices, while high, are not continuing to rise. Osama is not a great threat. Saddam is not in power.
    At the end of the day, as far as American interest is concerned, the world is a better place. And that's what the president is supposed to do, worry about American interest. (Note that American interest is NOT necessarily Americans' interest :p )

/me thinks it's funny that the americans are voting for bush and the brits are voting for kerry :lol:

8. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

The Patriot Act-Makes me really not like Bush.
    Wishy Washy-Makes me really not like Kerry.

Alot of other things also but those are the big ones. Im an independent since I believe the party system was the stupidest thing ever. Also Im so close to note voting since in some states it doesn't count. We have a dumb electorial college who votes for us, which is very stupid. I don't like either one honestly. It is a shame that I couldn't vote for another canidate, so that it would matter. That is why the 2 party system is pants.

So when it comes down to it. I don't care for Bush. He has noble intentions I believe, but they come to be poorly executed. The war in Iraq, should of either never happened or happened sooner. I think it was a smart move to help us start moving out of a recession. While I didn't quite support the war I did support our troops over there. The patriot act seemed to take a big nerfing bat and swing it at our rights. I also thing Bush isn't as dumb as everyone points him out to be, or he has an incredibly smart staff.

Kerry seems to be a What-ever-gets-me-votes kinda guy. He is just so wishy washy on issues it sad. I don't like the whole thing with him and vietnam, granted Im not fully aware what went on it seems for the most part something happened. It also seemed that he was kinda dumb as he prolly acted like a hippy to impress that heinz chick, and that is how all these damn stories about medals and fences are going about.

All in all I don't think this year is any better then 2000 when we had Gore or Bush.

*sigh*

9. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Personally, I don't like either Bush or Kerry so this vote will be for the lesser of 2 evils. However, since I live in NY, my vote really doesn't mean much for the presidential election. NY state has a LOOOOONG history of being democratic and sending democrats to vote in the electoral college. That's why you don't see anyone coming to NY on their political tours, NY will always vote democrat.

Bush scares me because of the Patriot and Induce Acts
    Kerry just scares the hell out of me

I think this election will be a "better the Devil you know" type of thing.

10. inmate909

inmate909 What's a Dremel?

Less a matter or voting for who I want, than voting against who I don't want. So Bush will be getting my vote.

11. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Mate, the Republicans have been flinging plenty dirt of their own.

But you will vote for someone whose own attitude to national service seems to be dubious at best?

Well, let me put it this way. Do you know anyone who appears to be a bumbling fool of an idiot in public but suddenly turns into Albert Einstein in private? I know I don't, and I very much doubt I ever will.

If I was an American (and, no offense, but I'm glad I'm not) I would be severely worried and maybe even a little disgusted that the only choice I have is which one of two to vote for. Ok, so you *could* vote for someone else but they will never win in a month of Sundays.

I think it would be good for America if you could get yourselves a system where mr ordinary Joe American can run for office and actually have a chance- then you guys might have a real choice as opposed to the good old catch-22 situation you seem to have got at the moment.

Sam

12. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Fingers crossed that this is the last 3 months for Bush. I know I won't like Kerry, he's not a strong candidate and his economic policy is going to cause problems in europe (though it'll do America some good). At least he'll sort the American foreign policy out.

If Kerry gets in the democrats will only see four years but it'll give the republicans a chance to find a replacement for Bush, they can do a lot better.

13. jaguarking11

First of all Albert Einstein was a total Dumb ass when it came to being a social person. He was totaly antisocial. So the argument is false.

Secondly the republican mud slinging is a fact but they have been doing far less than the democrats have. Mis Hilary Clinton has been bashing the president since he was elected and mind you no one pays atention to that woman.

Of the two I still vote for BUSH. Like it or not. Kerry is just totaly dumb. He seems like his woman got him by his balls (pardon my french).

14. spac30dyss3y

spac30dyss3y What's a Dremel?

Hmmphf!

If changing your mind on economic policy a bajillion times before making a decision counts as good economic policy, if raising taxes for everyone that is above the poverty level is good economic policy, then I suppose Kerry would be an okay president.
    As far as foreign policy is concerned, bush did find sarin gas in Iraq, and even if that doesn't count the fact that the world is rid of Saddam and for the most part Osama means that Bush is spot on. His father should have taken care of the situation 10 years ago rather that letting Saddam keep power.
    If Kerry gets president(not likely) then Hilary Clinton will probably run... Not a prospect I look forward too. I'll gladly support Bush and his policies.
    As for the patriot act... bah! It's over rated... Unless you have a habit of doing illegal things then there shouldn't be a problem, though I agree that the interpretation of the Act does occasionly push against the fine line of the bill of rights... but if you aren't doing anything illegal there should be no problem...

15. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

my comments on kerrys lack of decision making abilities lie in this direction: i would like to elect a president that sticks to his guns...one that makes a decision and doesn't change it. and if bush is guilty of this then he is damn good about it. kerry on the other hand is so unpredictable i would fear having him in office. imagine of someone rammed a plane in to down town san fransisco two years from now with kerry as president. i could see him standing there in his office watching tv wringing his hands saying "man what should i do......". :eyebrow: i don't think anyone would like a president like that.

16. jaguarking11

Thats how I feel. Kerry does not have a good track record of sticking to anything. And mis ketchup probly has his nutsack in the vault.LOL

17. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Ok, so I picked a bad example. However, my point is entirely still valid.

Do you know anyone who appears to be a bumbling fool of an idiot in public but suddenly turns into Mr Intelligent in private? I know I don't, and I very much doubt I ever will.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But if its a bad decision, your screwed. Better to have a man that takes time to think and eventually comes up with a decision rather than one that goes "LETS INVADE SOME PEOPLE!" without thinking of the consequences to his country and the rest of the world, yea, i live here too.

Thing is, at the end of the day its better of 2 evils? I just think someone with a sub-average intelegence being at the reins shouldnt be put in government. I know he probably asks his dad or whoever's around him to make the decisions but that's even worse cause he can be played so damn easily.

19. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

I know MANY MANY MANY people who are absolutely INCAPABLE of getting up in front of people and making a speech, but if they are in a room and have to figure out how much money they can spend this month and still pay the bills, they'll be done in 5 minutes. People who can have the mortgage lender, the credit card company, the tax man, and the utility bill staring at them, and they can think of a way to pay it even if they don't make enough money for it.

So, basically, yes. Yes I do. If you don't, I think you need to meet more people.

Again, I would like to note that it is STILL the americans voting for bush and the brits voting for kerry :p

Oops, almost forgot. Yes, I would rather vote for someone who doesn't want to be in the army and admits it than someone who joins the army, decides he doesn't REALLY want to do that, and drops out early. The latter seems like an unpatriotic fool with no foresight whatsoever. The former seems like someone who can see a situation BEFORE he gets into it and can decide whether or not he wants it BEFORE he commits himself and forces himself into a situation where the only way he can get out is to shoot himself in the foot (or shoot rice into his ass, either way).

Edit: and to those who said you aren't going to vote because you don't want to vote for bush or kerry...
    HEY STUPID, VOTE GREEN OR INDEPENDENT
    If you don't like the 2-party system, do something to CHANGE it. If the green party gets 5%, then they'll get funding and possibly a place in debates that have been exclusively Rep./Dem.
    Or, you know what, nevermind. Don't vote. Don't say anything about anything except to people who can't do anything about it. That would be better, because I don't want any party to be representing such a foolish way of life. (aw, crap, I just realized that way of life was one where you don't know who you want to vote for because there isn't a utopian answer, so you do your best not to choose... *cough*kerry*cough*)</bash> :p

20. RTT

RTT #parp

I don't think it's about being intellectually clever which is why i've never subscribed to the "haha, bush is a dumb ass" brigade. So what if he muddles his words a bit? Just because you muddle your words doesn't mean you're a crap and pathetic leader. As MrBurritoMan said, I'd rather vote for someone who is DAMN sure about doing something than someone who's going to fret and cry and never really do anything. It's a psychological thing I guess :p

edit - for anyone wondering - i'm a UK citizen since my location on the left doesn't really give away where I am in the world :)