1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elite - Dangerous by David Braben

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 6 Nov 2012.

1. 3vuL

3vuL New Member

Mining has been recently nerfed. To get a decent price for LTDs or Void Opals in range close to 1.5Mil, you probably gonna end up traveling close to 800 LY. Before that I could easily make 300mil in an hour with stock Python.

2. Byron C

Byron C And now a word from our sponsor

Yeah, I'm glad I got a crapton of mining time in before the update.

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Well-Known Member

No nerf will ever sting quite as much as the SCB nerf of 2016. I quite literally exploded my Anaconda thanks to that one.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I will get on to the Void Opals or Diamonds when I have finished off the stuff I am doing for the Hutton Truckers.

I still need to collect a load of materials though for engineering as I have 5 ships that still need everything engineering and 3 that just need finishing, but it's going to take months to collect all the materials required so in order to do that I need to go and sit in a combat zone or extraction zone with some collector limpets.

The "Nerf" to mining though I think was needed but not to the level that they did it, I know my dad in the space of 3 weeks made over 10 billion credits before the "Nerf" but I honestly don't see the point, I have just over 1 billion credits on my main account and I have nothing really to spend it on at the moment.

5. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

any tips for a returning player who finally got the mounts to attach their hotas to their 'new' (but actually a year old now) chair?

whenever i last played there was lots of landing at alien artifact sites, i did a road to riches run, engineered my asp, and then messed about in community goal things getting my rank up a bit. I wanted to try mining or passenger hauling but the former was considered 'not worth it for the money' and the latter got nerfed while i was still trying to decide which to try.

have i missed a rise and fall of mining? I'm only flying a T7, the aspx and an fdl, so looking to do something for some money so i can buy a new ship and then go and do whatever other stuff takes my fancy, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Save this retired pilot from a life of endless low-margin trucking.