1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eLV1S' Lian-Prez-Li(SLI-V1000b) Temp update and a few LAN pics (hehehe fire)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by eLV1s, 4 Jun 2005.

1. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

Hey all ive been lurking around these forums for quite some time now and decided id post my new(ish) project...

The specs of the system are:
    Amd 3500+, DFI SLI-D, 2X ALbatron 6600Gt, Seagate 120gb sata, WD 80 and 160gb, Ultra X-Connect PSU, Lian-Li V1000b.

Watercooling Gear:
    Cuplex Pro, 1046, AquaTube and AquaBay, BIXIII, Radiical ultra triple dual pass, 2X Cool-Matic 6600 PCI-E.

Heres a pic of where my case is now
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Jun 2005
  2. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

Hey again, i thought id post some more pictures.

Heres a pic of my PSU(i got the black chrome version)
    [​IMG]

Heres a pic of the fittings ill be using, i can get them locally and for about the same price the P&C cost from AC
    [​IMG]

I thought the hdd cages need some nice polishing and treatment from a can of vinyl die
    [​IMG]

And just for the hell of it i found a pic of some radiators i had lying around
    [​IMG]

3. rool

rool What's a Dremel?

Dayum, that's a lot of radiators. Nice PSU also. Any other mods than watercooling planned?

4. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

I have a window already cutout (i did it awhile ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It will be lit up with white ccfl, i'll also most likely be making my own NB block for it, ill probly make some white glowing collars for the Cool-Matics (need to actually see the blocks and have them in my hands before i decide for sure and ill be using black tubing for 2 reasons. a) it looks pretty cool especially with the black case and white lighting. b) i can get it locally for $1.50 a metre. and a few other things will be figured out and done through out the mod.

5. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

that has given me ideas :D , nice mod so far extream watercooling i like it :D

6. ShinySwede

ShinySwede What's a Dremel?

Good work , impressive so far=) ....im so jelaous at you guys with big cases like this one =) .....so hard to plan watercooling for my wavemaster, its so smaal=)

7. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

Hehe IHS lapping

So knowing that basically all cpus that have IHS' are pretty concave and uneven and whatnot i decided id give mine a nice lapping job:dremel:

So first off we need a piece of glass, or in my case an side of a custom case you built awhile back that u glued a piece of glass to
    [​IMG]

Now grab yourself some sand paper i sugest 600 followed by 800 the finish off with 1200 now my problem was that i accidently bought 3 sheets of 600 instead of 1 600 and 2 800, that didnt stop me though i just went through with a sheet of 600 then finished it off with a couple sheets of 1200. One thing if you try this yourself DON'T use the sand paper wet unless your planning on giveing it a good dry out but i would still use it dry. Oh and another thing worth pointing out is that you lap it in circular motions instead of the usual up and down motion.
    Anyways here are some pics of the process
    [​IMG]
    Getting there
    [​IMG]
    Nearlly
    [​IMG]
    Ahh finished
    [​IMG]
    and just one to show how shiny it is staright after lapping :jawdrop:
    [​IMG]
    Temps are now at about 45 under full CPU usage:brrr:

Of course its also now not getting correct contact because you cant tighten down the stock HSF tighter like you can with a waterblock

8. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

what did the temps used to be at?

9. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

Hey, TBH i can not rmeber what the temps used to be but i think they might of been abit lower, but that is due to the fact that my HSF isn't getting very good contact straight onto the CPU seeing as the CPU is now slightly lower down then it used to be and i cant get anymore clamping pressure because its a HSF, But when i have the waterblock installed it should be a different matter.

10. Dekode

Dekode What's a Dremel?

Looking good, Almost the same rig as mine.

11. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

Update!

Hey everyone, ive been working on some chipset designs and while messing around found that my good ol' Silverprop Nexus fitted beautifully the major problem being that its was designed for 1/2" tubing, so there was a few choices a) mod the original top. b) use some adapters. or c) make a new top. Now seeing as i didnt wanna mod an $80 Wb and im not a very big fan of adapters and i only use them if theres no choice, so i went for option C and made a new acrylic top for my Wb. So heres some piccies ( my cameras batteries were dying so most of the pictures came out kinda bad 'cuz i rushed them).

First off i had to mark out the block
    [​IMG]

Then i cut out the top and after extensive sanding and filing this is what came out
    [​IMG]
    And some pictures of it fitted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thankx for everyones comments so far, eLV1S

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Nice work on the block. What are you going to do now?

13. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

At the moment im going to be waiting for my Cool-Matics from Hardcore computers and also waiting for my sister to get from germany with my AC gear, im also working on some ram cooling just for the hell of itdunno if i actually use it but it should be finished off tomorrow, I also may do up some hdd blocks just need to finish off some measurements and try to figure out if i can mount it where i want to with my LIS VFD.

Also air coolings not good enough (just kidding :p)

14. Devil_909

Devil_909 What's a Dremel?

You have enough rads to cool a lan party :). Nice work on the block

15. jtaing858

jtaing858 What's a Dremel?

wow..if ur thinkin a/b sellin ne of the rads..ill be glad to buy one;)

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Nice work on the block. First one I've seen on a DFI that doesn't hit the card, I think (although 6800GTs might hit that fitting). I couldn't trust myself to make a new top for a waterblock, so I bow to you for that :)

17. Dekode

Dekode What's a Dremel?

Nice work, Almost the same as my rig, keep it up dude

18. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

BIG UPDATE!!!

Hey everyone since last time i was talking to you, my AC gear arrived and i must saying its some of the best made watercooling gear ive laid my hands on (except maybe radiical) and ive had my hands on alot of WC gear as you can see
    [​IMG]
    (and thats only a small amount of it)

only problem was the cuplex pro wasnt anywhere near flat so after a huge amount of lapping i got this
    [​IMG]
    ahh much better

some piccies of the aquatube in the aquabay with 1046
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also my sister wanted recognition for bringing them into Australia(she was doing her masters degree in germany), so after that my mum also wanted recognition(for no reason) and then my dad wanted recognition for the same reason as my mum did.

Heres a pic of the CPU block befor i had completely lapped it and a pic of the CPU showing the great footprint i was getting (near perfect over the die)
    [​IMG]
    the uneveness shown is from the cpu block edges they still werent quite flat
    [​IMG]

Ive also been working on a hdd cooler(mostly for silence)
    so heres some pics of it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also thought about making a cover for the cd drive section but dont think ill use it
    some alu i had lying around from some shrouds i was going to make
    [​IMG]
    cardboard template
    [​IMG]
    transfered
    [​IMG]
    and a made up
    [​IMG]

O.K. so after all that i decided i wasnt going to use the drive cover i still may or i might make a new one.
    Heres some pics of my setup set up ittl probly stay like this until i get my cool-matics friday and they mightnt go in til sunday or monday(got a LAN this friday).
    Also the temps are:
    Passive: 35 cpu full load
    Active: 29 full load and pulls down to 21 in 2 secs and 19 in about 4(at low load 0-17%)
    im very happy with this setup
    [​IMG]
    The VFD instalation area is thankx to modsquad(great idea!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a pic of the cover installed
    [​IMG]
    Oh and i pic ofmy favourite thing
    [​IMG]
    and just cuz i can one of my lil kitten
    [​IMG]

Thakx, eLV1S

19. shplade

shplade What's a Dremel?

Looking noice :)

Any of that wcing gear for sale?

20. eLV1s

eLV1s What's a Dremel?

yep basically everything except the bix and SRX's just PM with what your interested in

So theres a silverstorm 3 eheim 1048 2 HL's silverprop evo (the evo will be pretty cheap) a few sunnons Zalman WB and probly other stuff ive forgotten about oh and maybe a modded mcp350

Last edited: 14 Jun 2005