1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endless Vista BSOD loop

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by N19h7m4r3, 8 May 2008.

1. N19h7m4r3

N19h7m4r3 What's a Dremel?

Hi, My computer seems to be fracked. Everything was fine, then suddenly the system just comletely froze. Couldn't move mouse or do anything.

Turned off pc by holding in power button, and since then i keep getting a constantly BSOD when windows tries to loads. At rare occasions it got passed the windows loading bar only to either give me a black screen with my mouse cursor. Or giving me a error box saying winlogin.exe failed to load.

99% of the time it won't even get that far. Safe mode is greeted with more BSODs and even when i try and loads the windows disk to do a repair is BSOD just as the loading bar finishes. I've tried removing some ram and nothing.

I've tried another hdd just to be greated by the same thing.

These are the messages that keep popping up in random order on the BSOD's.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO.

It's been going for a few days and I dont have the foggiest as what to do.

It also refers to different .dll's and .sys files. Such as pci.sys, win32k.sys and ci.dll
    Strangely while i was working in the pc I noticed alot of heat near my 8800GTX, i touched off of it and the metal acutally burnt me. I don't know if a hot gfx card can caue this but i seriously hope not.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appriciated.

2. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

Sounds like you might have some corruption to your HDD. Do you have any other way to boot - bootable CD, alternative PC, bootable USB stick etc. If so you should be able to boot and try to recover the disk.

My inlaws had the same problem with their XP setup a few months ago. I ended up taking the drive out of their PC and putting it in mine as a slave, at which point windows saw that a corrupted drive (file structure) was present and it fixed it. It crashed originally while printing and on returning into windows the printer drivers were all corrupted - obviously the cause.

3. N19h7m4r3

I've actually tried another HDD, and I've tried booting from the Windows disk. I keep getting BSOD's.

4. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

This also sounds like it could be a memory problem from the BSOD messages - all related to memory.

What memory are you running and what speed/configuration?

Are you overclocking at all?

Try going down to one stick of RAM, if you still get the errors, try another stick etc.

5. N19h7m4r3

No overclocking, Using OCZ ReaperX DDR3 1333mhz 2gb stick x2.

I've tried with one stick, then with another. Still the problem persists.

6. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

Disconnect and disable in BIOS all non-essential components (Sound, Serial, Parallel, Floppy controller etc.)
    Would also help if you can try another graphics card. I find it useful to keep a spare PCI graphics card.

7. N19h7m4r3

Thanks, had a go around there in the ole bios. I have no idea why but the onboard sound was active and for some reason my ram timings were wack. I can't believe I never saw it till now :/

Tags: