1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Ensco 100

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by orbitalwalsh, 24 Dec 2016.

1. orbitalwalsh

orbitalwalsh What's a Dremel?

Thought I'd post up a budget build I did for a customer and basis for budget range I hope to launch with pending website :)

Also a mini preview of Gigabyte's upcoming XTC700 CPU cooler !

Ensco 100 ( see how many can guess the meaning of it. Hint, off the coast of Scotland)
    [​IMG]

With a Budget of £750, following parts make their home

Jonsbo C3 Black with Window
    Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H
    Intel i5 6500
    Gigabyte GeForce RX 480 G1 4GB
    128GB M.2 Drive SM961
    Toshiba P300 2TB 3.5''
    BeQuiet Pure Rock 120 PWM
    NZXT Hue+
    Team Group Elite 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4
    Kolink KL-500M 500W
    Windows 10 Pro

Must say the C3 case is small! and the Quality is high as you'll see including wrapping all the bare aluminum in the case. The brush quality is the same as my Silverstone TJ07 and Jonsbo UMX4. Lian Li on a budget !
    Window is darkened plexi, would of loved it to be glass but at the price its understandable - shouldn't be to hard to have one made really.
    NZXT Hue will light it up nicely

RX 480 4GB will be leading the field, got it on a deal as someone forgot to update the black Friday prices :)
    Hearing all the talk about it running hot and loud then other vendors- of course! its one of the only few that actually cool all 3 components on the main heatsink whilst being small and using 2 fans.
    To help improve, Liquid Metal compound will be used along with better heat pads. Hopefully make some difference along with custom fan curve.
    Was half tempted for the MSI but cooling put me off even though its quieter .

Never Used the Kolink PSU before but at the price, cant complain and is simi-modular - helping it edge out the beQuiet PSUs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Left protective film on for pics, not ideal but needs to be kept scratch-less

beQuiet PureRock Slim should be enough for the 6500 :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Case will be running Negative pressure, Is a larger filter on the bottom as well.

more snaps :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will add Liquid Metal Pads after first benches to see if it helps bring down the temps

next up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Samung Polaris PM961 128GB shall find its way into the m.2 slot :)

Manged to get some work done on Friday evening. Would of been compete if for not having to remove protective film!

Cable management still to do but here are the before pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some snaps of the XTC700 :)

overall its a good solid cooler! but mixed signals with the pre-built heatsink and fan system but uses mounting systems more commonly found on water blocks.
    In a nut shell, ,mono has to be out for heatsink to be attached yet mounting system can be done with the board in the case! would of been easier if fans came unattached as heatsink could be mounted within a case.
    maybe if the fans and RGB unit clicked over the Sink like a clip it would be perfect!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Unit comes preassembled which does save a nice amount of time but also is a down side if your using this cooler as an upgrade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see its mounting resembles water coolers then more in the likes of phanteks etc.
    Backplate gets a threaded screw and nut , passes through and another washer and but and is secured against the board
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cooler plate is mounted to the based by two screwa, easy to do but if you look at the last pick you see the mounting locations are blocked by the fans. A washer and large female thumb spring but holds down the cooler , this can't be done in the confines of a case but easy if the mobo is out and can be accessed from the sides

[​IMG]

mounted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Temps ;
    Intel stress test

[​IMG]

Asus RealBench for CPU & GPU

[​IMG]

Intel stress + Unigene Valley 1080p

[​IMG]

So, good temps :)

Few more with basic lighting case lighting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Open case shots with NZXT Hue+ Lighting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Window on shots

[​IMG]

Wasn't to sure with the HDD rack of keeping it on but kept it on to hide the cables. After getting the Hue+ finally updated, glad I did as it adds a lovely effect to the lighting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last pictures with Gigabyte Board and Mouse

(Gigabyte hasn't yet released software to sync all RGB )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. orbitalwalsh

orbitalwalsh What's a Dremel?

ah, Just realised i never uploaded the pictures and Data with the beQuiet ROCK Slim!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes... i left the protective wrap on =/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HDD Cage looks naf on a single colour, needs RGB to be worth keeping it in for the effects it creates

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Intel Stress Test. Can see that its 43c vs Gigabytes XTC700 37c

[​IMG]

ASUS RealBench: 48c vs Gigabytes XTC700 41c

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Intel Stress Test and Unigene Valley 1080p MAX; 51c vs Gigabytes XTC700 43c

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Worth noting that GPU is 2-3c cooler as well, which is most likely due to higher negative pressure.
    Booth coolers did well, surprised at the 92mm beQuiet handled the heat from the RX480 in such a small , low air flow case. And the XTC700 did a bang up job. Should hit retail around the 20th and hopefully rival the EVO 212 in terms of price

No idea where rep has come from the G1 being a bad cooler came from. Bar from 1 or 2 designed like the Strix that actually cool down the VRM,CPU and Mem all actively on the main heatsink, didn't find this running hot or loud. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to OC this to the Max nor see how far the voltage could be lowered which was a shame :(
    didn't end up using liquid metal as well as I didn't see the point but guessing that would of helped greatly give a slightly lower max temp but would of also meant the heatsink reaching 60c quicker and turning the fans on sooner.