1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Epic: Crysis will be as good as it gets

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 31 Jul 2007.

1. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

If dx10 gets out of the gate like vista you may see ms dummy down and make dx10 available for
    xp as we all know now this is possible. also if this happens game developers will be jumping for
    joy.

2. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I heard that there's already a hack to allow it....but I may be wrong and idk if it retards performance....

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Blow me! I'd never seen screenshots of it, it looks... gorgeous! I've never seen a game get sunlight SO perfect. You can really tell it was done by the same guys who did Max Payne, there's something about the textures that just screams Max FX.

4. naokaji

naokaji whatever

if you got a problem with me just say what problem you got exactly? ok? dont just say i cant stand you... say what specifically it is... thx.

anyway... btt:

i cant stand the allrdy far too extensive trend away from computers and towards consoles...
    and what mark rein said was like a justification to throw away the computer and buy a console.
    and no, i havent forgotten all the s*** sony has done....
    so just count one and one together....

5. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

great... a 6600gt was popular back then. woot for UT3, a title that play on 2 year old hardware ::rolls eyes::

I'm sure he was talking about the 7800 / 7900 class of GPU's... but still, whats the point.

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

You're probably talking about Falling Leaf (previously The Alky Project).

7. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Maybe this "visionary" needs some glasses
    [​IMG]

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

looks like your avatar

9. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

/\ LOL and seriously, who would want to play UT3 on a 6600GT. It's like playing NFS Carbon on regular Xbox...WTF!!??

10. avalanche0316

avalanche0316 What's a Dremel?

If I'm not mistaken, don't consoles rely on the technological improvements seen on pc's? Consoles today are powered by variations of pc hardware, made by Nvidia and ATI. If PC games stagnate graphically, there will be no need for people to purchase new hardware from Nvidia or ATI, and I believe that will severely hurt both companies. The consoles graphical achievements, and therefor consoles in general, rely on the success of these companies. At least in todays world of gamers demands in terms of realism in graphics. I don't see how consoles could ever really put the PC out to pasture based on this alone.

11. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

And what happens when the next console generation is built on DX10 hardware, like the current generation is built on DX9? MS is driving the DX10 bandwagon, so expect that the X-box 666 or whatever they call it will be DX10.

12. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I would sign a petition to have all current-gen consoles burned in massive piles! They're holding us back!

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That just made me laugh... at EA that is.

Some EA dude just recently "explained" why Fifa 08 for PC won't be next-gen:

So PCs have less power than consoles... Why is it then that games have to downgraded to run on consoles? ;)

14. BlueDemon

BlueDemon What's a Dremel?

Creating worlds in increasing detail, on a visual level as well as on a physics level, requires a significant amount of extra work. Maybe the "other technological and gameplay issues" could be building a next-gen development environment, that would take over much of the additional work needed to create the high-def game worlds. Such a tool could also maintain multiple rendering paths for PC and for consoles.

15. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

*raises hand*

I've got UT3 pre-ordered, and that's my graphics card and although I want to update it, I can't see it happening any time soon.

16. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Lol yeah!

There is more money in consoles - lower tech but higher price. Usually a new console is a step or two ahead of your average gaming PC but not nearly as good as a high-end PC. Within a year or so, the console slips back as the PC evolves. So to save money (by cutting development costs), the developer tries to build a game around a common [PC + Console] core and thus the PC version is limited to the console technology. For a year or so, the owner of a lower-end PC might be better off with a console, but the higher-end PC gamers have to endure inferior graphics and interfaces.

The biggest laugh is that console fanboy will rave about the gfx capabilities of the latest consoles, yet the majority of console users are using conventional TVs (with a vastly inferior resolutions) - and often on smaller, older (or portable TVs). Mum and Dad are watching Coronation Street on the big 40" Widescreen - little Timmy is stuck in his bedroom with a 14" portable.

17. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

link to forums doesnt work ... odd seing this article is a day or 2 old :eeek:

Tags: Add Tags