1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Epic: No Gears of War 2 PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Is the daddy!

what about rich gits like me, i can afford to buy the game and the hardware!

Cant they look at it another way, that the poor gamer with the low end to midrange hardware cant afford £40 a game so they turn to torrents!

3. N19h7m4r3

N19h7m4r3 New Member

What a load of crock! I know ALOT of people that can't even run WoW properly, let alone a High-End game and they're always telling me how they torrent.

As much as I have supported Epic for their amazing games. I am done buying from them.

4. feedayeen

feedayeen New Member

So what happened to console emulators? Why haven’t the current gen systems been ported yet to the PC?

5. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS DON'T WORK ON CONSOLES!
    /rant

*sigh*

Seriously, console gamepads are not suited to FPS games, even watching someone who has played waaaay too much Halo/Gears etc you can still see that the view motion is jerky.

Mouse is far superior for freelook controlling, which suits it to PC better.

6. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

As i learned yesterday gow is infact 3rd person and tbh 3rd person does work ok on consoles but i've never liked it on pc i can't get my head round it even gt3 was a bit of a problem for me.

7. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Seriously?

We really need to get that sand out of your vagina dude, it's making you cranky!

8. Hamish

Hamish New Member

absolutely, but GoW was a pretty terrible game on PC anyway
    havent played it on xbox but cant imagine it being much better, not really bothered by this news :p

edit:
    that quote from cliff is mildy offensive tbh
    my PC is a high-end gaming pc and i buy FAR more games than any of my friends with **** PCs and consoles
    granted i also pirate more games than them, but i only pirate the crappy games :p

9. adamc

adamc New Member

There's a difference between knowing about torrents and wishing to use them for everything.

10. Daniel114

Daniel114 New Member

I'm glad to be honest. I liked the first game and would have probably bought this if it game to PC.... Only yet again to be frustrated at the way it constantly lost games, was a pain in the ass to reinstall, and couldn't be played without using a no-cd crack.

Cheers epic, sanity maintained. Glad those naughty PC pirates wont be able to get their grubby hands on your bug-ridden POS game

Nah there not, but GOW is. I play it using an XBOX remote rather than mouse and it feels far more natural

11. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Wow, **** you and your product too, Epic.

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

yeah blame everything on pc piracy. Bad games sales, bad reviews, bad previews, bad game trailers, bad consoles, bad economy, bad incomes, bad weather, bad environment, bad health.

Its all the fault of PC piracy.

I don't know where he is getting his 'facts' but i see a shitload of torrent sites loaded with x360 and other console titles.

13. reflux

reflux New Member

Oh for f*cks sake.

Yet again we see piracy blamed to justify lazy and selfish game developers.

Epic - are you aware that the PC was what put you where you are now?

Epic can go to HELL.

And someone needs to kick them out of the PC gaming alliance.

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They're justified to not sell it on PC down to pure economics, in December 2007 Gears had sold 4 million copies in total.

PC release: November 2007
    360 release: November 2006

So in one year they sold 4 million copies pretty much on the 360 alone.

They've currently sold over 5 million copies in total, so since the PC release only 1 million more have been sold, I don't have the exact figures for the split but I'm willing to bet 9/10 were sold on 360 and the extra development time and cost was not worth it especially since the PC release was extremely buggy!

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

Quite true, its just a shame they feel the need to justify them selves with fud. If they expected to sell 3m on the pc and didn't they need to ask why. Epic have obviously done so and arrived at piracy as the official party line instead of admiting it was a mediocre game for the pc that many people had already played on its native platform where, by all account, its a better experience.

16. PQuiff

PQuiff New Member

WTF!!!!

Chicken or the Egg? Maybe if we the PC game buying public STOP GETTING SHAFTED, we would be more likley to purchase games.

First its EA and it beta battlefield that takes 4 patches to fix broken net code and bugs. second its EA and there Terrible Download manager. Then its Bioshock and its shi*y secure rom. Spore and its WTFing DRM. Then EA are back at it with Crysis warhead. Stalker and its lovely Broken game( its a good game but having to restart it each time they try patch it. 4 times so far)

We get treated like morons. Of course there is a piracy problem. Thats never going to change. But there are some of us that actually buy games and resent getting bum robbed every time we go to the shops.

Well here to Cliffy. lets hope hes a man of his word and a half arsed PC conversion doesn't crawl out the door a few years down the line when no one cares.

17. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 New Member

Who cares the game sucks anyway lol

Lets be honest. They have obviously been paid quite a bit of money by microsoft to make it an xbox 360 only game.

He can ******** all he likes about other reasons but thats why.

They all like to blame piracy on everything nowadays. Its not our fault that the port they made for GOW 1 was **** which forced people to dl it first before they spent their hard earned money!

18. lewchenko

lewchenko Member

DougEdey is spot on. This is truly about economics. GOW 1 just didnt sell on the PC. There were 3 reasons for that :

1. Most people had bought / played it on a console already, so werent interested in a PC version.
    2. It was technically flawed, with bad rumors from day 1 of install and technical issues.
    3. Piracy. Yep, Im sure it was pirated to hell as well.

Pirates will always steal the games, but these people are not your target market anyway.. its the other few hundred thousand people they need to convince that DO PAY that they had to convince the game was worthy.. and they failed.

So why on earth would they bother releasing GOW 2 for the PC ? They would probably make a loss, not probably due to piracy but simply because people just arent that interested in the game (the mass public that is, not the odd bit-tech reader who is).

19. lewchenko

lewchenko Member

Oh.. and as you can buy a 360 for the price of a low end video card these days... just pick up a 360 and be done with it. (£129 for an arcade model capable of playing GOW2)

20. Hamish

Hamish New Member

1 and 2 contribute to 3 here imo
    people who've already bought it on xbox are extremely unlikely to buy it again on PC, unless they're super fanboys or something :p
    people who heard rumours that it was buggy and unstable are unlikely to go and buy it without trying it first

Tags: Add Tags