1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Epic: No Gears of War 2 PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Sep 2008.

1. Deadwolf

Deadwolf New Member

Kill adult PC-gamers interest, kill the revenue that supports their child's xbox purchases.. at least thats the way i see it..

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

im sure it will come to PC, all game developers say they are not, and then in the end they do. ITs their PR lies.

3. tejas

tejas New Member

I will say a few things in rebuttal at CliffyB. Firstly console games are typically overpriced £50- £60 and let me tell you that in the context of the failed $700 billion bailout in the US (as of 30 Sept 2008) , that Epic will NOT SELL even 1.5 million copies of Gears of War 2. For comparison they sold 5 million of the original. People don't have enough money to eat, forget about playing bloody games. In fact I laugh as this game will flop due to the economic conditions and Epic will CRAWL BACK to us PC gamers. Same thing goes for Crytek and their whining about piracy and new found love for the consoles. PC gaming is due for a major resurrection due to games being cheaper on that platform.

However I blame Microsoft... They could have used their power and money to make the PC the only relevant platform. Instead Ballmer and Gates decided to take on Nintendo and Sony (PS3 failure).... and look what Nintendo did with the Wii.... totally pwned the 360..

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Every time I hear Epic and piracy in a sentence, I think of the phrase "bulls**t munchers..."

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Good, a child should NEVER play Gears of War

6. OWNED66

OWNED66 New Member

ehhhh ??
    i download xbox360 games online
    and buy copies from stores

so whats the diffrence

7. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

some shooter games work on the console if the team has been carful with the controls, but having a keyboard and mouse would make such a difference for the better.

8. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

itll come out eventually. they just people that have a pc and 360 to buy the 360 version because they dont expect there to ever b a pc version as the 360 is dearer and less chance of piracy, ie more profit

then release a pc version to scoop up anyone that hasnt bought the pc version and make a smaller profit on the pc version just to sqeeze the last few pounds out of the game

9. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah New Member

LOL, everytime CliffyB or Epic and ID speak it sounds like a bitter developer because they are no longer amongst the elite PC devs, so they spin it as the PC platform is the issue and turn to console out of necessity. Does Epic know it is 2008? Why do they keep harping on Integrated Chips? Anyone who games has a video card, and there are plenty of PC's capable of playing GEars better then 360. Stalker, Crysis and countless others has no issues selling millions. The 8800 Series came out in 06 for gods sakes and milions of them alone were sold.

They release a Console focused arcade shooter with cheesy one liners and no story and repetitive gameplay 1 year late on PC with many bugs and wonder why it didn't sell well? Pc gamers have different standards and tastes Cliffy.

Cliffy, why do other High end games have no issue on PC? Explain that? Maybe, just maybe Gears is not all u think it is. it is a game that appeals to console gamers, Pc gamers do not think it is that good. Then you try and twist that into it being a hardware issue, BS.

10. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

I should have made it clearer what I meant - Any game with a permenant crosshair (as opposed to just during manual aim) and/or no auto-aim or lock-on should come under the same bracket - and therefore is NOT suited for a console gamepad. Precision aiming is an arse with an analog stick.

11. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah New Member

Why are these idiots a part of the Pc gaming alliance again?

12. breathlesstao

breathlesstao New Member

2nded. Totally. Along with what reflux said as well; only addition: someone PLEASE shove a #&@+!% rocket down Cliff's throat. Or better yet, up his arse, then fire it to deep space.

13. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah New Member

Does Epic know it i 2008 and no longer is a high end PC required to play consoles ports very well? Hell, a lower priced 5-600 dollar PC can max out almost any console game these days.

14. breathlesstao

breathlesstao New Member

How would they know? They've been too busy blaming everything on piracy to notice.

15. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah New Member

True. Funny how the only ones complaining (ID and Epic) have lost thier place as a top Pc dev, sounds like sour grapes to me, so they move to console out of necessity and bitterness. You cannot expect to get great sales when you release the same game on PC 1 year after, come on.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

**** EPIC!

17. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd and WC Addict

Cliff is a Dick.

18. DaMightyMouse

DaMightyMouse New Member

Bleh whatever no big loss to me ...

19. breathlesstao

breathlesstao New Member

That, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out M$ and/or Sony just "support" developers catering for their respective consoles. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised even if we learnt one day that all this crap is just a twisted ad campaign funded by them console manufacturers.

20. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah New Member

Lets not forget consoles are one big marketing money brab, the more they sell on console the more MS and Sony gets. Anther reason i am not a big fan of consoles, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with games on them, but I don't like the business side of them at all. MS and Sony pay money to try and froce people to buy for their platform, excluding many gamers, like the DLC for GTA 4, gamers only lsoe in those situations. it is to bad the majority of the public are naive, the overpriced games just put more money in Ms and Sony;s pockets. PC gaming is not near as expensive as people like u to believe.

How much u want to bet MS had a say in this so they can get yet more money? MS does more to hurt PC gaming then help it, as does Epic, yet both are in the PC gaming alliance.

it is no secret companies like MS are helping fund these games so they stay on their platform.

On another note, Pc gamers are not missing out on much anyway, gears was one of the more dissappointing games I have played. Seemed like ti was targeting teenagers. Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead and Stalker Clear sky (With patches, lol), not really missing out on much TBH.

Tags: Add Tags