1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epiphany *update 16/1/2004 -panel cut*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Naked_Dave, 4 Jan 2004.

1. sqaulidhummer

sqaulidhummer What's a Dremel?

nice case , nice work on the fans they look sweet ;)

2. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

A couple of pics of the fans running with their new lighting. It looks a lot better in real life!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. STellY

STellY What's a Dremel?

love it man, its turning out pretty nice... cant wait to see more

4. NOTPENTIUM

NOTPENTIUM What's a Dremel?

I am in desperate need of a case just like that in the US! Gonna integrate a pc into my dj setup which already uses a rack for the amps,gates and compressors and stuff. (also will be my first attempt at a project log.) Any ideas on where to find one over here?

5. Naked_Dave

I did a quick search, but couldn't find any US companies that stock them... would hate to see what the postage would be to ship it from the UK! :eeek:

6. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

Hey NOTPENTIUM for rack mount cases in the US you could try Case Outlet .... Check out thier listings for IPCs (Industrial PCs). I just looked through there and they have a few selections in 1, 2, 3, and 4U rackmounts. Maybe not the same as what Naked_Dave is using but it is a start.

Now back to your regularly scheduled progrm....

This project is looking real nice. I like those fans you did :thumb: Keep it up..

7. NOTPENTIUM

NOTPENTIUM What's a Dremel?

Thanks Sub!!!
    I'll give em a go.

8. Naked_Dave

I'm going to try to cut the fan holes today with a dremel... can't get hold of a hole saw that big anywhere! :sigh:
    Wish me luck!

9. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

eBay is your friend...

10. Naked_Dave

We have a slight setback...

I have no idea what happened, but when i plugged the fans in for a final test a few minutes ago, one of them literally exploded! Well, the fan seems to be intact, but there was a hell of a lot of smoke, and flames coming from the 12v battery! Once the smoke has cleared, i'll go see if its salvagable... hopefully i still have a workshop at least :eeek:

11. Naked_Dave

Looks like its okay... the wires that attached the molex to the battery are melted completely, but theres no damage to either the fans or the battery. Seems that one of the wires soldered into the molex to power the LEDs came loose and touched the power cables.

12. Naked_Dave

!
    Today has really been a day for breaking things! Just hours after nearly setting fire to the house with the fan battery, i decided to solder the PSU i was going to use on this project back together, after taking it out of its case a few days ago. I was going to try to fit it into a smaller case to give me more room for the mod, but i thought that before i spent more money, i'd better check it still worked! Incredibly, it did, even after i managed to do one of the worst solder jobs i've ever seen on the power socket! However, just to put a perfect end to the modding day, when i went to unplug the still-caseless power supply from my test rig, i go and drop it... Sparks and smoke everywhere! I can't see any damage to the rig itself, although that doesn't mean anything, and since i don't have a spare PSU right now, i can't test it... Pretty sure the PSU is dead though. I can see that the fuse is gone, but i'm far from convinced that its the only thing wrong with it... Some days i just really wish i'd stayed in bed!

13. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

:eeek: smoke, fire, sparks... all hell seems to be on the loose over there...
    Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck :waah: Well I hope things get better over the weekend..

14. Naked_Dave

Well at least i can say it hasn't been dull! :D

15. DeViLSpArK

DeViLSpArK What's a Dremel?

I need a password for the pics :waah:

16. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

I seem to need a password for the pics as well. :blah:

Not only that, it's hitting me with a password promt for evey image in the thread. I don't think it's my comp as all the other threads images in project logs load fine. Any chance of fixing it so the pics load without passwords (else I'll have to move it to modding til the pics get sorted :( )?

17. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

I have the same problem with passwords.

One prompt for every image

:wallbash:

18. Naked_Dave

Hmph, not sure how that happened!. Should be fixed now.

Somehow i managed to set a password for the images directory as well as the one i meant to...

*hands everyone a cookie for the inconvenience*

Last edited: 11 Jan 2004
  19. Dragosoft

Dragosoft What's a Dremel?

Hey, sorry for bad luck :( But i have feeling that, All gonna be allright :rock:

20. Naked_Dave

I just finished cutting the holes for the DVD (which i ordered today) and the plexi-switch... but they're a bit pants to be honest! Nothing i can't salvage, but theres no way i'm showing pics of dremelling that bad to everybody on bit-tech! :hehe: