1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other ePUB readers

Discussion in 'Software' started by RedFlames, 14 Apr 2019.

?

Reader of choice

1. Calibre

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Adobe Digital Editions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. PDF EZMode

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

With the switch away from EdgeHTML, MS Edge appears to be dropping epub support. Which is annoying as I use the feature quite regularly.

Anyone any any suggestions on a decent alternative?

Other than Calibre and Adobe Digital Editions, not sure what the options are.

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I still use the Barnes and Noble app which was made for W8 on my tablet. IIRC I needed to set my store to US to still be able to access it but it works fine. Otherwise I'd probably use Calibre.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's what I use on the odd occasion I need to read an ePub on the desktop, but mostly I read 'em on my B&N Nook Glowlight. I'll be sad when that thing finally gives up the ghost...

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Gah, calibre insists on copying everything to it's own library folder which i don't want... I put the files where i put them for a reason, leave them the **** alone...

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You should just be able to open a file in the Calibre "E-book viewer" without putting it into the Calibre library: in my case, I just right-clicked and chose it from the Other Applications list.

upload_2019-4-15_13-32-54.png

Calibre wasn't running when I took that screenshot, and it didn't add the book (freshly downloaded to test) to my Calibre Library.