1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Error in device manager

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Flak, 4 Jun 2011.

1. Flak

Flak Member

Not sure if this is the correct prefix for this question, but here goes. I have a new system with an Asus p8p67 pro mobo and Win 7 64 bit OS, all works well except for an error showing in device manager under "other devices" as "unknown device" the location is Port_#0007.Hub_#0004 and the device status is "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

The location path for the device is "PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1D00)#USBROOT(0)#USB(1)#USB(7)" I have tried updating the driver but the troubleshooter says no drivers are available! I assume that this error refers to a USB port or ports?

What can I do to sort this please?

2. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Unplugged all external devices, installed all the motherboard drivers?

3. Flak

Flak Member

Yes, all mobo drivers installed. only USB peripherals connected are a printer and mouse/keyboard both of these are working properly.

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

uninstall the device with the error, reboot windows and it should reinstall driver

5. tehBoris

tehBoris New Member

Probably an integrated device on the mother board is connected via USB. Does the motherboard have bluetooth or wireless built in, does it have any other 'non-standard' feature like that?

6. Flak

Flak Member

yes mobo does have bluetooth built in, and I cant see it shown in device manager!

7. tehBoris

tehBoris New Member

This is most likely the answer then, find the Bluetooth drivers and install them, or don't worry about it if you aren't going to use it.

8. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I was just thinking that. If everything is working ok then you can just ignore it.

9. Flak

Flak Member

can I disable it in device manager so as to get rid of the yellow warning?

10. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

The only way to do that is to delete it. But I wouldn't as you could end up starting a knock on effect and just end up with a right mess. I'm not sure if diabling it will get rid of it, but it won't do any harm to try it. You could try a program like drive genius to find it and update it for you.

Last edited: 5 Jun 2011
  11. tehBoris

tehBoris New Member

Might be able to turn it off in the BIOS.

12. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

if its an onboard device, the driver for it should be on the driver disk that came with the hardware. insert the disk and choose update driver. if not, right click and go to properties, details, does it list a hardware id? if so you can look it up that way.

13. chris66

chris66 Member

I had exactly the same problem when installing the mobo drivers for my step-son's PC with the same Asus motherboard. It was the bluetooth drivers that were missing. I didn't use the automatic install of all software and drivers on the disk, as Asus, rather stupidly bundle anti virus software in with the main driver install package - which I didn't want (use Microsoft security essentials)

14. Flak

Flak Member

Thank you all for your help and ideas, the hardware ID is:

USB\VID_0CF3&PID_3000&REV_0200

I have googled it and it confirms this is the bluetooth adapter and the drivers arn't installed. I have the mobo disc can I just install the drivers from the disc whilst in Windows?

15. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil New Member

Should be able to, just select the bluetooth driver from the list of items on the disc's menu, rather than clicking 'install all'. Might just need to reboot afterwards.

16. Flak

Flak Member

Installed the bluetooth drivers from mobo disk, error gone! Thank you all for your help!