1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ES4 Oblivion - Knights of the Nine

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 9 Dec 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

im umming and arring over buying this, its not a bad price but i dont know if its worth gettting stil. i probably will get it even tho i already have the vile lair bit. adds some extra missions to the game at the least

3. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

It's good but like the article said, there could have been more..

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

It's basically nothing that the community couldn't churn out, sadly...

5. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Yeah, true. But I did like the game and it may convince me to finish some more of it off, just get bored of all the little missions after way to many hours of playing the game. Still am debating on whether its worth the price.

6. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

The Thieves Den sounds like something out of Thief. I always though Oblivion's thief element was VERY weak. Even eight years later, Thief is still nearly the ideal example of thief-like gameplay. Splinter Cell's the only thing I can think of the matches its stealth elements.

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

It really isn't. Thieves den is basicly just a hideout for you, with a few salespeople and trainers in it. It's nothing special, and not worth getting - the community will have or soon will provide better hideouts.

8. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

if you appreciate it from the angle of people with the 360 version and the ps3 one when it comes out the knights of the nine pack is a great addition to the game as you cant juts download community made stuff

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Fileplanet has loads of free community made content for oblivion but i do think that this set of content is worth the money if only for the fact that i cannot make this stuff myself, i don't have the skill or patience for it.

I have this pack all installed and (i regret to say,) done already. I particularly enjoyed the knights of the nine and the new race of enemies.

There are some good little things around the new content and areas esp the vile lair and it's little hidden caches of goodies and the protection imps in the basement of the wizards tower.

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

http://www.tessource.net/ - that's the place to go to for mods. That is mecca. To really keep up you have to monitor the forums for new "RELZ", but tessource tends to provide plenty if you spend some time on it.

11. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Im really pissed having found that if you buy the knights of the nine off bethesda's site its not the same as the retail version i.e. doesn't include all the other mods aswell! Then again it was only $9.99 but it wasnt very clear what was included!

12. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Gah, all these reviews on Oblivion: Knights of the Nine are making me want to play Oblivion again.

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

textures still look as bad as the original Oblivion

14. Florian

Florian Minimodder

My whole Knights of the Nine experience was a disappointment. Having already purchased the other DLCs I waited for the download version rather than purchasing everything all over again.

First, the download kept getting delayed (due to technical problems, according to support) -- fine, I can live with that. When it was finally available, the download servers couldn't cope with the load.

Then the game wouldn't activate -- a quick look at the official forums reveals that apparently they had been sending out keys for the Spell Tomes DLC instead of Knights of the Nine to several people, and some did not receive any keys at all. Two emails to support and I finally got a new key.

Problem solved? Nope. While the key would allow the "secure" installer to progress to the next step, it would then freeze up entirely. Restarting Windows in safe mode eventually allowed the installation process to finish.

And as if to add insult to injury, the whole Knight of the Nine quest line took just over five hours to finish -- not significantly more than the Mehrunes Razor DLC that goes for $2.99 at the Oblivion Downloads store.

Now I don't want to generalize game hours vs. cost, but the 5 hours I got out of Knights of the Nine for $9.99 pale in comparison to the 3 hours of fun from Sam & Max: Culture Shock for $8.95.

To me, Knights of the Nine definitely wasn't worth the cost. The story wasn't terribly exciting and the voice overs are still as bad as in the original game. The quests are of the ordinary "go into dungeon A and find item B" variety and the few riddle pieces don't add anything significantly new to the game.

15. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

I meant the design and look of it.

16. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

typo on the first page

Shouldn't that be Oblivioner

Tags: Add Tags