1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eSATA drive as windows drive

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by nicotine, 1 Mar 2009.

1. nicotine

nicotine New Member

I took the harddrive out of my old gaming rig and put it into an external enclosure (the Antec MX-1) to maintain access to all of my files while I am at school so I can leave my desktop at home. Last night I tried to boot my gaming desktop off of this hdd using eSATA but while I was using it and updating all the software (desktop has not been used for several months) I noticed that it was hanging up for 10-20 seconds rather frequently and at times it would completely stop and I would get a BSOD and have to reboot. I yanked the drive out of the enclosure this morning and installed it back into the inside of the machine and it works fine.

So my question is: do I need to do anything special to boot and run Windows off of the eSATA enclosure? I would really like to be able to keep the hdd inside the enclosure and just use the eSATA when I return home from school on weekends.