1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EU hands another fine to Microsoft

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 12 Jul 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

@hitman012: sorry I lost my temper. It just gets annoying when you have to say the same thing 5 times over.

@modster: removing IE is nigh on impossible AFAIK. And I have already dealt with the "switch to linux/mac" comments. While I agree that the fines were slightly disproportionate, I think they were meant as a reality check for MS in order to remind them that they are not above the law. I have great respect and gratitude towards MS, because without them the PC world would be very different. However, they have recently taken to abusing computer users' trust and that infuriates me.

-ed out

2. Glider

Glider /dev/null

EXACTLY the same for me...
    How have they abused your trust? By checking if your copy is legal? Well, better say that next time you get pulled over by a cop, for a alcohol control, or a paper check... "Hi mister officer, I refuse to show you my ID, because that shows you don't trust me..." I know MS isn't a cop, but you only purchase the right to use their software, so they are perfectly at right to check if the end user doesn't abuse their software (or their thrust just to protect their property by a key and a simple activation).

And you haven't al all dealth with the "switching to Linux" comments, all you said was that gaming is impossible on Linux. Maximum 25% of the PC users are gamers, so they don't use the fancy Direct X and stuff, but most of them don't complain about the so called "abuse" by MS. Why you ask? They don't care... They want a system that works, no worries, no extra installing, no hassle... They just love all the things MS puts in at their service. Or is this your socalled abuse? Including extra's?

3. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Look, mate this conversation obviously isn't worth having, so go back to your job as MS PR Manager..

-ed out

4. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

my lord, i got a week ban for way way less then that, jeez just because you don't agree with bittech once, your suddenly the target for a ban

Whether you want to admit it or not, MS have a clear monopoly over the gaming market, if you dont use MS - you dont play games (well 90% of the games, im talking PC games also)
    Why cant you accept it, Linux wont change that, OSX wont change that, if you want to game you HAVE to use Windows

Its like if you have a car, you can drive down 90% of the roads with your MS car, or 5% of the roads with you Mac Car .....

5. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

glider that is a blaitent flame, please read up on the rules

and mods, how i get banned for less then that, is beyond me

6. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Closing to stop the bickering :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.